+ Reply to Thread

Thread: direct vent termination kit questions

Post Likes

direct vent termination kit questions

have a Hunter HDV31 direct vent gas fireplace and since Hunter went out of business and was purchased by Monassen. I was told to buy Monassen's direct vent termination kit. It comes with a 4 foot flex vent and I need 12 feet in total and the company gave me a 10 foot flex vent and told to attach together with inner and outer adapter that is included in the kit. Is this acceptable to use that vent kit and attach the 2 vents together. The instruction is unclear on attaching the 2 together.

Post Likes
    Thank you for the answer. Just to be clear you are saying that it is okay to use the Monassen termination kit with my fireplace.

Post Likes

good answer fire_part

in general a rise of 12'' vertically a 1'' +/foot horizontal is a good rule check the installation manual

Post Likes
    If you want to deviate from the factory specified vent kit, I would contact your local gas inspector and ask him what he will approve. In any case the original manufacturers specs must be adhered to.
    ryan

Post Likes
    Hunter went bankrupt in 2002 and was not purchased by Monesson or any other company. If you want to use any other venting on it you should check with your local authority having jurisdiction and see if they will allow the use of another companys vent termination. Hunter's used Z-Flex venting for their flex and they still make the same flexible vent sizes. It is just the terminal that would be in question. ( By the way I worked for Hunter for 8 years.)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in