This article is too long to post in here. Never the less we all should read and reflect on it.

http://www.rense.com/general69/mass.htm

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Roy. Stopped reading after a few lines. It is laughable because I got the impression that they were saying that the media sold the war in Iraq to the American people. The media has joined the Taliban for the most part.

It also seems that the author has no ability to distinguish local from national news. He complains that what he sees on any given news broadcast is not what he sees happening in his home town.

Hehe. Ok, I'll grant him that. He is welcome to whatever opinions he has.

The decline of the media as an independent assessor of fact is a dire loss for our country. When distinguished institutions like the New York Times can no longer differentiate between factual content and editorial opinion, but rather mix both freely on their front page, then who will hold anyone to a higher standard?
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

The author is right about the nation's shrinking attention span. I let my subscription to Newsweek expire about 5 years ago after I noticed it was devolving from a publication that gave some depth to the headline sounbite news on TV, to a rag that only gave the newsprint equivalent to a soundbite. Big pictures and a few paragraphs of text.

In trying to attract younger readers, they started to include alot more "Pop Culture" stories on "celebrities". As if I care who's boning Jennifer Anniston or who shot PDiddley. If I wanted to read that kind of stuff I'd get "People".

I agree that TV is a negative influence and we won't know the consequences til it's too late.

I read the other day that alot of young people rarely read books or pick up a news paper. I guess literacy is a thing of the past. This is are future work force. We are doomed.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

watered down

Our school systems today are so diluted with self-esteem programs, diversity training, environmental indoctrination and multicultural madness that they don't even teach the times tables anymore.
    I have had to bring everyone of my children up to speed on their math skills. They used to look a problem as simple as 6 * 6 and they would have to think about it for awhile.
    The school system has become just another money sucking hole.
    IMPEACH THE NEA!

Agreed, skrewt. The ACLU and the NEA have done more damage to this nation than any foreign entity.

No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

its called media conglomeration... there were ten big media companies, now there are five....

It has nothing to do with local vs. national news coverage.

the media,DID push this war . right along with every piece of crap opinion of the bushies, they went right along...
    there were policy organizations and academics and historians TRYING to get coverage that what was being said about going to iraq wasn't true... but the media would have none of it.

even "liberal" programs like the connection out of boston, on npr... was censoring opinions.....

they literally told me," that is a good point, but we are not going to go there".... then they let all these half baked ignorant morons support the crap they were seeing day to day....

the liberal media is owned by the same conglomerates as the rightwing media... they sell stuff to each side ,wrapped in different wrappers.. but still full of crap....

there were intelligence reports that debunked the myths the bushies were peddling. and those turned out to be right. but consistantly got little coverage.hell, usually, it is the local programing that WILL do the better coverage...
    there was consistantly these tiny little voices getting no echo who were right all along...
    the media consistantly gort it wrong all along.. in these monstrous echochambers that reverberate even today...
    look at all the morons like screwed and james and ed and the like...they still don't have a clue.

I totally agree

Originally posted by bootlen
    Agreed, skrewt. The ACLU and the NEA have done more damage to this nation than any foreign entity.

On this point.

i am with ozzi drone
    when the media has something new to say and something relevant to my life then mabey i might pay attention and they wonder why less people buy into what they sell

It can be hard to tell if Bush is quoting the news or the news is quoting Bush.

People need to quit thinking of news in the terms of what they say. People need to think of why they are saying what.

My local news always reports a murder and when there is not one locally they report on one in another City. I supose i buy into it since i keep a loaded gun in the house.