Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    kold, fill out your profile, come on don't be afraid.

I can't answer all your questions, but I can see you are not very observant. I like your quote at the end, but I don't think you know the true meaning of "rude".

Do you know any forum's where you can just go to vent. I bet you do! Why don't you share them with whatchamacallit.

Mod01 Guest
    Time to step back and take a break. If you've got something constructive to add, feel free. Let's keep it on topic.

[Edited by Mod01 on 01-27-2006 at 11:19 PM]

Thumbs down

wow sound like a real cluster fu.yes you need to install a inline tee and trap and run into the condensate pump.i found one installed like yours last week and it did rust out the furnace.

I bought a new furnace and a bad deal

To atphvac:
    Thanks for the post game wrap up.

My pleasure

My feeling from the original post was that if somebody can't put in a pvc flue without creating a world of problems then that person is obviously unskilled.

Or under-skilled

If the part was damaged and the installer couldn't find what the problem was then he probably wasn't qualified to have installed it in the first place.

Probably not

If the homeowner chose this person either the installer is a good Bser...

Possibly. I can't speak for “Whatthehay”, but any marginally competent HVAC installer might fool me.
    HVAC is complex, and accurate vetting requires knowledge almost equal to the contractor.

or more likely it was an "economy" install and the homeowner didn't mind taking the chance considering the price.

How do you arrive at the above from “I got only one bid from a new contractor, who purchased the business from a friend of mine that I thought I could trust to provide the tech assist, while the new guy learned the trade.”(whatthehay post)

From the picture the job looked neat so I would be inclined to think that if the installer wouldn't come back then there probably wasn't any money left to take care of warranty work.

The original post didn't say the installer wouldn't come back. It said he “does not seem to know what to do to remedy the condition.” No matter how much he was paid, his knowledge had limits.

Any reputable company would go back to correct issues and make a happy customer even if there isn't any money left.

I agree

The whole thing sounds like this homeowner chose an economy install and was pissed that he didn't get the job that he wanted or that another more reputable company had described to him.

You also, assume facts not in evidence, and prefer to castigate someone, based on your questionable intuition, rather than share your knowledge.

My heart breaks to hear this poor fellows ordeal

Well...at least you are sympathetic. I suppose that will have to do.

To whatthehay:
    Thank you. You may be right.
    Koald
    I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965) British statesman and author
    House of Commons speech (4-Nov-1952)

Originally posted by Chill

I can't answer all your questions, but I can see you are not very observant. I like your quote at the end, but I don't think you know the true meaning of "rude".

Do you know any forum's where you can just go to vent. I bet you do! Why don't you share them with whatchamacallit.
    Chill,
    Are you talkin' to me?!?
    Or is there another Koald minus the a?
    I see from your profile, you have been an HVAC professional for several years.
    I worked at a service station the summer after high school, then 4 years in the Air Force, a couple of months in a sporting goods store, about a year of college, a couple of months on the loading dock of a freight line, 3 plus years at an auto parts store, and the last 25 years in aerospace. I am 53, 20 pounds overweight, half-bald, near-sighted, with one wife, two daughters, one son, one cat, one hamster and a broken heat pump. What else would you like to know?

The only answer I expect from you, would be the solution to the problem mentioned in the original post.

I observe that you have yet to answer the original post.

Glad you liked the quote, and I am confident you can teach me "the true meaning of "rude"".

Sorry, I don't. You lose.
    Koald

Originally posted by koald
    Originally posted by Chill

Chill,
    Are you talkin' to me?!?
    Or is there another Koald minus the a?
    I see from your profile, you have been an HVAC professional for several years.
    I worked at a service station the summer after high school, then 4 years in the Air Force, a couple of months in a sporting goods store, about a year of college, a couple of months on the loading dock of a freight line, 3 plus years at an auto parts store, and the last 25 years in aerospace. I am 53, 20 pounds overweight, half-bald, near-sighted, with one wife, two daughters, one son, one cat, one hamster and a broken heat pump. What else would you like to know?

The only answer I expect from you, would be the solution to the problem mentioned in the original post.

I observe that you have yet to answer the original post.

Glad you liked the quote, and I am confident you can teach me "the true meaning of "rude"".

Sorry, I don't. You lose.
    Koald
    ROTFLOLWTSFME

Mod01 Guest
    Thread closed. I might open it later.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567