Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Hmm

to be continued after the posting of pictures............

[Edited by htg guy on 01-02-2006 at 05:59 PM]

I don't see where he states it is metal pipe but he also doesn't say its PVC. Surely no installer would be that stupid.

Originally posted by whatthehay?

When I pointed out rotten installation of roof jack

I guess this is what got me thinking the way I was.

Anybody else notice that information that was supposed to be forthcoming has not? Pictures? Also, 'what the hay' said there was more to this story, but has not been forthright in producing this additional information. I think what the hay, is into chain pullin. (wouldn't be the first time fellas) A genuine inquiry from a legitimate source would not be so confrontational, but would go out of their way to make this added info available. I again take the position that most if not all of this shouldn't be discussed on the open forum. In some cases, what the hay makes several posts in a row. Sounds like someone with a 'hidden' agenda. Just curious if anybody sees anything 'familiar' about this post?
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Originally posted by John Lloyd
    Anybody else notice that information that was supposed to be forthcoming has not? Pictures? Also, 'what the hay' said there was more to this story, but has not been forthright in producing this additional information. I think what the hay, is into chain pullin. (wouldn't be the first time fellas) A genuine inquiry from a legitimate source would not be so confrontational, but would go out of their way to make this added info available. I again take the position that most if not all of this shouldn't be discussed on the open forum. In some cases, what the hay makes several posts in a row. Sounds like someone with a 'hidden' agenda. Just curious if anybody sees anything 'familiar' about this post?
    john Lloyd
    seems you have a good point. he seems more interested in confrontation then giving answers to real suggestions.
    seems he is looking for approval to add a drain to the intake instead of getting it fixed.
    wonder if this isnt a diy install that went bad

or perhaps someone by another name? hmmmmmmmmm. man, ya always gotta watch yer back!
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Originally posted by tinknocker service tech
    i have seen some concentric kits where all the fittings involved need to be assembled and primed and glued
    if this is one there may be exhaust leaking into the intake or just water from the exhaust pipe leaking into the intake
    or i may be way off the wall on this one
    Thanks for you interest.
    Sorry to have been so long in posting a photo, but I've been busy with other things. Finally got around to plumbing in a condensate trap on the combustion intake, yesterday, and today, I sprayed red food coloring into the exhaust vent on the roof. I raced down to the furnace room, but the color beat me. This confirms for me (and proves you were on the wall) that there is a problem inside the concentric kit with exhaust condensate getting into intake vent pipe, which has been verified by another HVAC contractor, who will replace the kit.

This is the first time I am trying to attach a pic, so bear with me, if I don't get it right the first time. I'll keep trying, 'til I get it right.

Edit: Check that web address. Somethings not right.

[Edited by Mod01 on 01-16-2006 at 10:18 PM]

Talking

email it to me and i'll host it for you!!!

edit: put your email in your profile biography.

[Edited by Mod01 on 01-16-2006 at 10:17 PM]
    LOVED BY FEW, HATED BY MANY!!!

i am glade you found the problem
    after the guy is done replacing the concentric kit have him do a conbustion analizer test on the exhaust
    with exhaust bing pulled back to the intake the burners may have not been burning clean and cause problems in the secondary heat exchanger

Originally posted by tinknocker11
    email it to me and i'll host it for you!!!

Jeff,

I sent the photo, as an attachment, then I tried the address I posted previously, and it worked. Did it not work for you?

DW (whatthehay)

[Edited by Mod01 on 01-16-2006 at 10:17 PM]

here's the pic!!!

you'll have to descibe it to us!!! its hard to tell whats going on!!! what is the polytubing trap on the intake for and why the red dye in the spray bottle???
    LOVED BY FEW, HATED BY MANY!!!

here's the pic!!!

you'll have to descibe it to us!!! its hard to tell whats going on!!! what is the polytubing trap on the intake for and why the red dye in the spray bottle???
    Yeah right, not much of a photographer there are we, you need to take more, post them and explain what's up.

I could see that job looks like crap already.

here's the pic!!!

Guess maybe some of you don't read all of the posts... so, I'll repeat myself in hopes of making it clearer.

The photo is of the condensate trap I installed to prove whether or not the exhaust condensate was circulating into the combustion intake pipe. I sprayed red food coloring into the exhaust vent pipe, terminating on the roof. The dye getting into the combustion trap verifies that exhaust condensate is getting into the combustion intake. Now, I can hire someone, who knows how to install furnaces, to replace the concentric kit, along with other portions of the pvc vents that are leaking and glued incorrectly.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast