No suction port??

On this carrier chiller with four O6e, 2 tandem circuits and no gauge port on suction line. One of the circuits is going into low sat. alarm. Can I add refrigerant where I would add oil?

How can you verify your chiller is low on charge without putting a guage on it? There should be a suction pressure port on the front of the compressor about the 3 o`clock position. But don`t go in thinking it`s low. Good Luck
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by BatesTech View Post
    On this carrier chiller with four O6e, 2 tandem circuits and no gauge port on suction line. One of the circuits is going into low sat. alarm. Can I add refrigerant where I would add oil?
    Is that temp or pressure! And if theres not a port on the suction service valve already there should be a plug where one can be added.
    I'm good at making things cold...You can ask my first two wives!

If there's no gauge port on the suction line king valve, there will be a plug there where a port can be added. Do not add liquid refrigerant where the oil goes or in front of the compressor or you can damage the compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    If there's no gauge port on the suction line king valve, there will be a plug there where a port can be added. Do not add liquid refrigerant where the oil goes or in front of the compressor or you can damage the compressor.
    Thanks that's what I did I took the plug out and added a port. I new I could check pressure in the front but definitely not comfortable adding juice there. Thanks