Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thumbs up

the tiff wins again

Your leak is leaking about 7 pounds per day. So its not really that big but big enough when you get close to it your meter will sound off.

I use 2 leak testers an H10 of course, and I also love my TIF ZX1. Its awesome because it works as well as my H10 and its battery operated.

What I would do is turn on your new ZX1 outside and walk into the store area see if the thing goes off as your entering the store. If it does its a good chance its in the store area.

Do the same thing in the compressor room. Based on what you said I think its in the compressor room. The leak is consistent with a pinhole size leak in the brazing. Its probalby under the insulation near the rack. Peel back the insulation above the piping clamps at the header or look for oil dripping down the piping. Wherever this leak is you will find oil for sure.

Also look under the condensers for oil stains. If you see staining investigate it.

Hope this helps you out. Good luck Evan.

Your leak is leaking about 7 pounds per day. So its not really that big but big enough when you get close to it your meter will sound off.

I use 2 leak testers an H10 of course, and I also love my TIF ZX1. Its awesome because it works as well as my H10 and its battery operated.

What I would do is turn on your new ZX1 outside and walk into the store area see if the thing goes off as your entering the store. If it does its a good chance its in the store area.

Do the same thing in the compressor room. Based on what you said I think its in the compressor room. The leak is consistent with a pinhole size leak in the brazing. Its probalby under the insulation near the rack. Peel back the insulation above the piping clamps at the header or look for oil dripping down the piping. Wherever this leak is you will find oil for sure.

Also look under the condensers for oil stains. If you see staining investigate it.

Hope this helps you out. Good luck Evan.

May be silly to say but are all condenser fans running and how is the head pressure. I had a rack dump about 500lbs of gas out the relief vlv off the receiver because someone was playing with the fans. also do you have any oil spots on the condenser fins underneath if so that could be a problem.

Do the pits you have running underground have ref leak det lines/system to pick up anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rackguy813 View Post
    Found 6 leaks with my new leak detector. 2 punctured evap coils and 6 suction line leaks. Coils have been replaced and all suction line leaks repaired. Thank god.
    He found it guys!
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345