NC Fuel Gas Code 2009 Question?

Vent Connectors sizes.

Why does 503.10.9 say that the horizontal length of a single wall connector can be 75% of the vent height, but 504.3.2 says that the max vent connector horizontal length shall be 1.5 feet per inch of the connector diameter? Any clarification about vents and connectors would be appreciated since I'm studying for H-3 Test.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen260B View Post
    Vent Connectors sizes.

Why does 503.10.9 say that the horizontal length of a single wall connector can be 75% of the vent height, but 504.3.2 says that the max vent connector horizontal length shall be 1.5 feet per inch of the connector diameter? Any clarification about vents and connectors would be appreciated since I'm studying for H-3 Test.

Thanks
    I believe section 503 deals with general regulations, and section 504 deals with Category 1 appliances, specifically.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen260B View Post
    Vent Connectors sizes.

Thanks
    limits the overal maximum connector length that could be calculated by504.3.2