Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trane Clean Effects with Coleman Communicating Furnace

Is there a way to run the Trane Clean Effects with a Coleman CP9C with a communicating control? Tech support was not much help. The problem is that the 4 communicating terminals dont support the W and G from the Clean Effects in order to sense when to start doing its job. And I'm pretty sure (I dont have power yet) that the main terminals wont energize G and W when the communicating stat calls for either (otherwise I could just hook it up standard and be done with it). One Idea was to run the EAC terminals on the board to a transformer and run C from the Clean Effects to one side and G and R from the Clean Effects to the other to essentially use the blower as a switch to turn on the Clean Effects (EAC is only energized during fan operation). I dont like this idea and would rather just use a non-communicating stat. If at all possible I want the Communicating stat for my customer but its looking grim.
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

While I don't have experience with the Coleman communicating I know my technicians have tried this on the Trane communicating to wire in an HRV and it screwed up a lot of stuff. Wy not just put in the Trane XC95M furnace instead?
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    While I don't have experience with the Coleman communicating I know my technicians have tried this on the Trane communicating to wire in an HRV and it screwed up a lot of stuff. Wy not just put in the Trane XC95M furnace instead?
    My customer was hung up on the 98% rating and would not go for 95%. I wish we had an XCM up in there! They should manufacture these communicating furnaces where the stat still energizes the relevant, non communicating terminals on the board. This would save a lot of headache

-Alfred E Newman

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    My customer was hung up on the 98% rating and would not go for 95%. I wish we had an XCM up in there! They should manufacture these communicating furnaces where the stat still energizes the relevant, non communicating terminals on the board. This would save a lot of headache
    Well they do make a communicating Trane clean effects but you probably knew that. If you take the Coleman back to 24v mode does that make it revert back to a two or three stage or a slowly ramping up furnace?
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

LibertyTree. You have the post count, apply for pro membership. This is the type of question that should be asked in the pro forums. Not the AOP forums.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    This is the type of question that should be asked in the pro forums. Not the AOP forums.
    ??? were not in the AOP

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    ??? were not in the AOP

Don't think we're suppose to get too detailed in wiring in this forum either.

Of course, I could be wrong. I could still be under the influence of Thursday night.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    Well they do make a communicating Trane clean effects but you probably knew that. If you take the Coleman back to 24v mode does that make it revert back to a two or three stage or a slowly ramping up furnace?

All of the Clean Effects are communicating, the brown wire is the data wire. If I run the Coleman in 24v mode it cuts out several stages of modulation (as far as I know, I'm not super well versed with it) and I really want to make the Clean Effects work with the communicating feature.

-Alfred E Newman

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    LibertyTree. You have the post count, apply for pro membership. This is the type of question that should be asked in the pro forums. Not the AOP forums.
    I will. This forum is for technical chat between techs so I thought I was good. I don't need a play by play, just an idea to run with.

-Alfred E Newman

I will. This forum is for technical chat between techs so I thought I was good. I don't need a play by play, just an idea to run with.
    Started out in the AOP, I moved it

Just don't tell Jim

Just don't tell Jim
    Ah ha. So I not completely blind, yet. LOL
    Contractor locator map

Just don't tell Jim
    Dang it! Thats where I meant to put it, thanks. Now any idea's for me?

-Alfred E Newman

Dang it! Thats where I meant to put it, thanks. Now any idea's for me?
    Yup, see post #5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast