Thread: Replacing a GE BWD724 in attic

Post Likes

Replacing a GE BWD724 in attic

I does anyone know of an brand of airhandler that blows for right to left, but can be serviced by removing it's components straight up and not out the sides. All of my spare Airhandlers (goodman and Coleman) components load from the side, but the roof truss system and low attic does not allow enough room for anything but a horizontal A/H. Thanks for your time.

Post Likes
    Probably gonna take a lot of work. There are modular systems where you can get a blower separate from the coil and have it installed to lift components out. From there transition to a cased A coil or a slab coil.

Post Likes
    Thanks for your insight.

We're gonna extend the platform approximately 1 foot further way for the obstruction. With the new placement, the only compromise is that the blower will have to be removed inorder to remove the evap coil or pan. I'm willing to argue this to an Inspector if need be.

Post Likes
    Gotta agree, just go to the "modular" blower and seperate coil units. And get the mech. inspector to go along with it. Hopefully. Would only have to put the back up pan under the coil, not both.

Post Likes
    Maybe a ductless mini split heat pump system so you don't have to worry about AH location. I did this on a recent job that we had no room to work on the unit.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    Maybe a ductless mini split heat pump system so you don't have to worry about AH location. I did this on a recent job that we had no room to work on the unit.
    Thanks again for all comments. We placed the airhandler such a way that you would have to crawl across it to service it. So, we added another 14' to walkway to allow a repair technican to walk around. Easiest way out for us and the owner's pursue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in