+ Reply to Thread

Thread: True

Post Likes

True

Anyone in here a preferred service company for True? What are the benefits and how hard is it to become one? Do you see a lot of service calls from being one?

Post Likes

true

we handle the true warrenty work at the company that I work at. You will see work, but the only thing that is funny is the time allotment that they give you per job.

I would quote you hours and whatnot, but many times, you find yourself going to a unit and spending more time on it, than they are going to pay you.

The one thing that I learned,,, before you call true,,, you better have your facts in order and be prepared to answer their questions intelligently.

Post Likes
    Yea we cover a large area (the entire state of IL) so I was thinking there would be quite a big population out there to drum up some work. We do work for them now but we are not a preferred service company.

Post Likes
    Their warranty policy sucks. I will work on them but will not do warranty work, If I'm working for free I might as well stay home.

Post Likes

Beware!

I did True warranty service for about 5 years, quit 5 years ago. The quality of the equipment kept going down, and the BS on warranty labor went up.

The final nail in the coffin (cooler?), was a single door cooler, delivered to a c-store that was DOA. When I arrived to check it out, I found the unit still on the pallet. Pulled the cover, and found the process tube ripped off the LL/FD (see photo).

Tech support said it was damaged in shipment. Now how can an internal line be pulled off a unit that is totally enclosed ?. Store owner is going ballistic on me.

I realized, at that point, I don't need this BS.

If you really need the work, go ahead, but be prepared to REALLY earn your money.
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Post Likes
    Im not a preferred warranty co but I do True warranty. I have always gotten paid at 30 days and the time alloted is fair. JMO

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in