Should I get a 2nd opinion?

If you are dealing with a few of our competitors, yes!

rottendog, big guy, looks identical to Sgt. Schultz, runs one. Apparently the competition's tech told a guy he needs a $xxxx (well into 4 digits) to fix the A/C or for nearly 5 digits, he should replace everything. So rottendog does what we normally do when the competition says the stuff is shot: he replaces the dual cap and away it goes. Purring like a kitten. Now, this is 7-8 year old Trane system, we aren't talking a relic here.

It gets even funnier. The tech that pulled this stunt is down the street, probably trying to rip someone else off. He comes back up, tells Jay he needs to mind his own business and not cost him any more sales!!!!!!

So now on Angie's List is a "Page of Happiness" report on us and a grade F report on the competition.

I love stories like this.

Thanks for sharing.

We need a like box for some of these posts we can check.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

I wonder how often this happens. On my 11yr old system I'd probably have repairs done that didn't involve the refrigerant or heat exchanger on the furnace. If a coil/heat exchanger get a leak/crack it's time for a new system.

I hear it was our sales lead scheduler that got suspicious on this one. When the HO told her that so much was wrong she should replace a unit that new, Deb said we should get a tech out, something was fishy. She knows our competition.