Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314 LastLast

Thread: hvac veto bag

Its an awesome tool bag, almost couldn't imagine using anything else!

How are the zippers on these bags? Had a CLC bag that I enjoyed using but the zipper gave out after 9+ months, due to over stuffing the pack.

Edit: Been using an open top ever since and would really like to get back into a closed pack.

Zippers are working fine on both of my bags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    Zippers are working fine on both of my bags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    If that's the case I'm excited to get into one of these packs. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by R&J-R View Post
    How are the zippers on these bags? Had a CLC bag that I enjoyed using but the zipper gave out after 9+ months, due to over stuffing the pack.

Edit: Been using an open top ever since and would really like to get back into a closed pack.
    #1. Don't overstuff the bag.

#2. A little silicone spray on the zips goes a long way to keep them operating smoothly

Thanks for tip 2

Quote Originally Posted by R&J-R View Post

My Veto LC's zippers both took a dump on me after 4 years. They no longer engage the "treads" so I use them like "pins" to keep the bag sort of closed.

I did not over stuff the bag, nor did I abuse it. Just normal wear and tear. Nothing lasts forever, not even a Veto.

I almost bought another LC today, until I saw on the little tag on the bag at the store about the Tech LC. But really why is the Tech bag $20 more than the regular LC??? They took out features of the regular LC, and added a few new extras. In my mind they should be the same price.

Love my xl. A little heavy though. It takes a pretty good beating. Hope it gives me a few years of service.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Just got this bag last week. Best tool bag I have owned hands down. No way not to be organized

Just got this for my brother in law for helping me with the electric for my kitchen remodel. He was happy !
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...E:L:OU:US:1123

are the veto bags heavy when full? I used to use a big 43-tool holding case from CLC that was open topped, it was nice to have every single tool with me but lugging that around was kind of klunky and a pain to carry up in to an attic, i switched to a clc zipper tote that only holds about 15 tools so i have my bare minimum with me at all times, but i want something that holds more but also isn't something that is a pain to climb in attics with. I was looking at a klein one that home depot has that holds about 20 tools and a big middle part to throw other stuff in too

Quote Originally Posted by rufus819 View Post
    are the veto bags heavy when full? I used to use a big 43-tool holding case from CLC that was open topped, it was nice to have every single tool with me but lugging that around was kind of klunky and a pain to carry up in to an attic, i switched to a clc zipper tote that only holds about 15 tools so i have my bare minimum with me at all times, but i want something that holds more but also isn't something that is a pain to climb in attics with. I was looking at a klein one that home depot has that holds about 20 tools and a big middle part to throw other stuff in too
    I went with Veto's LC bag for exactly that reason. Recently I purchased one of their new bags, the MB for strictly quick diagnostic trips.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

is the LC a pain to carry in to attics? This one hardware store near me sells the LC and the laptop bag and they're nice, but i can already see them being heavy to carry around

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314 LastLast