Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314

Thread: hvac veto bag

Guess that all depends on you bud. If a guy tries to fit his entire truck in there, needs to get the vice grips out to pull the zipper closed, then yeah, probably a hassle to lug into attics. For me, I've found I really don't need every tool I own on every job every time.

The MB I have set up as a Diagnostic Kit, this is all I take to the roof. I tote a meter, amp clamp, temp probe, jumper wire, channel locks, wire strippers, allen wrench set, small adjustable, 1/2, 9/16/, & 5/8 wrenches. And my Digi-Cools.

By the time I'm reaching for my LC, I already know what tools I need for the job, so my LC Inventory tends to change with each gig. Here's an example: I do a fair bit of my day on supermarket rack refrigeration, so there is a handheld telephone in my LC for when I need to verify EMS Dial-Up info. Not sure I'd EVER need that up on a rooftop AC or in an attic. I don't take everything to every gig.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

i currently use this as my diagnostic bag:

its perfect for climbing up in to attics and such, I carry in it my linemans, dikes, needle nose, strippers, 1/4 and 5/16 long nut driver, a 5/16 and 3/8's 3" driver, phillips and flat head, torpedo and on the bottom of the bag i can throw in an imp cutter, stubby 6 in 1 and a tape measure. But there's times I wish i had something that can fit more tools to minimize trips to the truck. and because it is a tight fit for all those tools, i tend to lose them at times

I used to use this but it was a pain to carry up in to attics because it was awkward to carry but it fit everything i needed:

I was just looking at the veto LC because its similar to what i currently use and it can hold alot more, just don't want something incredibly heavy.

anyone know a good site online to order the tech-lc? this one supply house near me has a nice selection of veto but they don't have that one, if i can't find it online I may just buy the LC at the supply house here.

nice bag, but the HVAC tech version is a bit too small....should've get the normal LC. veto need an open pouch outside to carry misc items. I'm used to husky open top and I can have anything I need within reach. I also added a small 9 compartment thing for wirings stak-on, that could play a factor. maybe I'm a pack rat, but not really. I just like separate tools instead of the multi bit stuffs.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

I finally gave in this past week and got the LC, and i love it, had to walk 6 blocks through a small city today and up 4 flights of stairs with my bag and not having to make multiple trips for my tools was a huge bonus!

Here is mine along with the 1000s of others.

Finally got around to organizing and decided to snap some pics.

i really like my hvac veto pro pack. no complaints yet. had it for 6 months.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314