Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Hopefully I get to bow out before I get stuck being warehoused.
    I'm convinced that God is going to keep me alive for a very long time so I can suffer longer for the sins of my youth. That being said, can I have your guitar when you move on?
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

I think I agree. Since we all have to bow out anyway, it just seems that it would be nice to bow out with at least a little grace. I have to say that I "think" I agree because I have been at death's door when I thought my convictions were "when it's my time, it's my time", but when actually faced with death, found myself praying to stay alive.

Maybe this is something we really can't make a conviction on until the time comes. Still, I maintain a "do not resucitate" on my medical charts and still keep organ donor on my license so that if there is a chance of keeping me alive or harvesting something that someone else may need, those in charge will opt for the parts.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    I'm convinced that God is going to keep me alive for a very long time so I can suffer longer for the sins of my youth. That being said, can I have your guitar when you move on?
    Got some wood for a possible archtop Tele. Hopefully by that time there might be many more to chose from.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Got some wood for a possible archtop Tele. Hopefully by that time there might be many more to chose from.
    If I get carted or ushered away before you, you can have my Les Paul.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    but when actually faced with death, found myself praying to stay alive.
    I agree with that. But I do not fear death either.

I can imagine both the fear and the anger which might come from suddenly having a "stranger" sitting in your personal space (where you were sitting side by side with your sweetie just seconds before). There are times I think we are kinder to our animals by ending their misery gently than we are by keeping our relations around past the point of no return.

As I write this i'm pulling out my Nomex fire suit for the flaming I see coming!

I understand. I didn't so much fear death as not want to stop living....if that makes any sense.

Not much afraid of death either. I would like to stay on this side of the ground for a lot longer. Hate to think I would be a burden of someone. Maybe find me a bridge abutment somewhere.
    It could be the air or the food we eat. Not much tastes the way grandma cooked.

At one time I would have welcomed it I was in so much pain. But yeah, it can wait.

But, by that time I will be up to my ears in guitars, amps, speakers...
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

I understand. I didn't so much fear death as not want to stop living....if that makes any sense.
    Yeah I understand; perhaps "get it" is a better term. I have vague recollections of being transported to the hospital and emergency personnel working on me. At that point I just wanted them to let me go. Move ahead in time, once on the mends, and something inside snapped/changed and I decided that I wanted to stick around a bit longer. However controversial this may sound...yeah, ARP Iknow ....it was like God said..."I still have some stuff I want you to do". What that stuff may be I may never know but I'm cool with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Halve View Post
    That's what i think about the topic, What you think? Do give your ideas and suggestions,

gold coast aged care
    Why should the government have to pay to house old people? Either they should have set aside enough money to pay for their keep until they die or they should have bought insurance to cover them. Private industry can charge a reasonable profit and put up their money knowing they have life long customers.

If the insurance companies covered people for their health and their old age care they could do a good cost benefit analysis on medical treatment and may be more inclined to keeping people healthy as it costs less to care for the elderly if the elderly can manage most of their duties themselves.

Why should the government have to pay to house old people? Either they should have set aside enough money to pay for their keep until they die or they should have bought insurance to cover them. Private industry can charge a reasonable profit and put up their money knowing they have life long customers.

If the insurance companies covered people for their health and their old age care they could do a good cost benefit analysis on medical treatment and may be more inclined to keeping people healthy as it costs less to care for the elderly if the elderly can manage most of their duties themselves.
    OK, get ready for east coast earthquakes and Mexican blizzards....I agree. Then again, the Social Security system in the U.S., as good of a system it "was" in theory, has been abused so much by government that it would now be better for American workers to use the amount of money we pay into SS, and YES...we do pay for SS entirely.....and put that money into a good insurance plan.

Then again, this would only really work if government gets out of the insurance business by removing insurance regulations that protect insurance companies, let insurance companies that are mismanaged go bankrupt and set regulations on insurance companies that actually prevent insurance companies from raping the American worker nearly as bad as Congress rapes us.

OK, get ready for east coast earthquakes and Mexican blizzards....I agree. Then again, the Social Security system in the U.S., as good of a system it "was" in theory, has been abused so much by government that it would now be better for American workers to use the amount of money we pay into SS, and YES...we do pay for SS entirely.....and put that money into a good insurance plan.

Then again, this would only really work if government gets out of the insurance business by removing insurance regulations that protect insurance companies, let insurance companies that are mismanaged go bankrupt and set regulations on insurance companies that actually prevent insurance companies from raping the American worker nearly as bad as Congress rapes us.

I see a problem though. If the insurance company goes bankrupt the people paying the premiums are out on the street.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast