Thread: MUNTERS

Question

What are your opinions of Munters HCU's and their DH wheel system?

How's their reliability, serviceability, customer care?

How do they compare to other lines of similar equipment?

I am speaking of their units 30 tons and smaller.

Thanks,

Tim
    G T T

“In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

I took care of two Munters units with desiccant wheel dehumidification for 4 years. The only repairs I had to make were replacing the blower motor contactors and a face and bypass damper actuator. Very high quality equipment. I recommend it.

Hey Ozone, you need to be out fightin that fire in Tarrent Co.?

I'm fightin the flu Jake.... there were a dozen fires in the area yesterday.... fotunately none near my location.

I think the equipment is very good, but it can be defeated by poor design/installation just like any other equipment. The ASHRAE handbook has very good information on designing the installation. Most designers don't have much experience with the desiccant dehumidifiers and need some pointers.

jake and ozone you guys from fort worth or dallas. fires every where, better get some rain, tried to go fishing monday and the north ramp was out of water had to go back to the south end. lake about 6 to 8 ft low.

i started up a couple of munters and this is how you build air conditioners, screws had rubber covers, all relays, contactors, transformers etc were lined up in a row with the wires looped to get an amprobe around them. excellant system best ive ever seen.

Hi Worx..I live in Saginaw...it's been drier than a popcorn fart,,need some rain and 82 degrees at Christmas doesn't help. Agree, Munters is top of the line stuff.

OK, thanks for the feedback. . .

I confess, I work at the assembly plant in Selma, TX.

I worked field service for four years before getting on at Munters, and I was immediately impressed with the quality of the equipment.

I test the units at the end of the assembly line.

They do look like they could be a challenge to repair, but the troubleshooting looks fairly easy.

GTT
    G T T

“In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

We just started up a couple of new Munters HCUb units and quality of workmanship is excellent, they also have great tech support...