Hi, new to the forum, spine fin is my background.

Hi, I've been reading posts about spine fin, to see what is going on in the industry. I have been in it my whole life and found this forum, very interesting. I enjoy seeing the opinions of everyone and their thoughts about it and what can be done with it. Well, that's my story, hope to hear from others about it. Thanks, John

Welcome!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Had an old thru wall GE package unit with spine fin. Ocean Front. Still working, people want to replace because it's so old. (@1980).

What's an old Zoneline got to do with welcoming a new member from Cleveland?

Just saw it and read it and that crossed my mind and I mentioned it. My way of saying "Welcome"!.
    My Bad.
    You don't have your finger on that Ban Button again do you?

(Don't recall it being a "ZoneLine", it was like an EWC style not P-TAC).

spine fin

Quote Originally Posted by john venables View Post
    Hi, I've been reading posts about spine fin, to see what is going on in the industry. I have been in it my whole life and found this forum, very interesting. I enjoy seeing the opinions of everyone and their thoughts about it and what can be done with it. Well, that's my story, hope to hear from others about it. Thanks, John
    Welcome Mr. Venables aka "spinefin".

I would have to say that spine fin coils are my favorite due to the low pressure drop and ease of service. At least in my part of the world they are.With the advent of the micro channel coil and all that it is hyped up to be they still dont have any "ultra" high seer units utilizing the micro channel like the spiny's do.
    John I am going to guess that you are some type of engineer and that you did some R&D on old spiny ?

ACFIXR loves spine fin units, they kick A**. micrchannels S**K!

If I had a large open space to condition and I could do what I wanted, I would take two spine fin hp cu's and mate em up together. Obviously using only one of the compressors.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Yea I see he mentioned Spine Fin. I'm not all with it. Last night's party at the "oil can" took its toll on a few people around here.

I guess GE did have a packaged unit like a EWC or Magic Pak back in the day. Before my time, only seen one in literature. It had Spine Fins huh.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Yea I see he mentioned Spine Fin. I'm not all with it. Last night's party at the "oil can" took its toll on a few people around here.

I guess GE did have a packaged unit like a EWC or Magic Pak back in the day. Before my time, only seen one in literature. It had Spine Fins huh.
    No sympathy here, you knew what you were in for. Some of the stuff they drink will burn the hair off your head.

My spine fin background.

No, I am not an eng. by trade, my dad developed the equipment and I have been building it, until a few years back. The curse of a family business, struck again, I am in the process, of cleaningg up loose ends and miss the day to day, so I found the forum to keep in touch, keep the comments up, I enjoy it and I will try to keep up, thanks for the warm welcome. John