You PA people need to do something
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Frown

about this "teacher"

The arrogance of this woman is unbelievable!

http://www.ldnews.com/fastsearchresults/ci_3334327

eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

Robo is making a bad influence in that state
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

I actually tend to agree with this "teacher" in theory, but its not her place to decide what is best for first graders to understand about Mr. Claus. Teachers are in loco parentis, in place of the parents when they teach which gives them authority but also responsibility not to make decisions to the detriment of parents wishes. I'm not a suing type of person, but if this was my kid, I would be sorely tempted...

I knew Robo had another job, plus he can wear his womens clothes out in public. It's a win-win situation.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

It's about a sanctimonious teacher taking it upon herself to save the children from Santa Claus. Like I said, I agree with her position, but her responsibility is to teach what she is told to teach, not her beliefs.

So, the truth is wrong and lying to our children needs to be protected?

I would say that Satan has certainly neared perfection in his creation of this Satanic Season.

People complaining about the truth have their morals really screwed up.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

No one will lie to a child more than a parent will and it has nothing to do with the Easter Bunny and Santa lie. Children grow up and get over the Easter Bunny and Santa lie. What they don't get over are lies from the first persons they first loved and trusted and hurtful words that cut them like a knife.

Next time I meet kids of an athiest I'll take it upon myself to tell them they're going to hell.....wonder how that will fly? There's a right time to speak and a time to keep your yap shut.

Sounds like a teacher has less self-control and compassion than the kids, pretty brutal delivery!
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Originally posted by billygoat22
    Next time I meet kids of an athiest I'll take it upon myself to tell them they're going to hell.....wonder how that will fly? There's a right time to speak and a time to keep your yap shut.

Sounds like a teacher has less self-control and compassion than the kids, pretty brutal delivery!
    That is your theological belief, not a known fact. It is wrong to instill your personal beliefs on the children of others, especially in a public venue.

What the teacher did was to accurately teach the truths about the material she was assigned to teach. What those who think that teacher did wrong are proposing is that the teacher should not only have taught lies but suppressed her moral values in doing so. It was a very bad situation that the school put that teacher into.

Originally posted by James 3528
    No one will lie to a child more than a parent will and it has nothing to do with the Easter Bunny and Santa lie. Children grow up and get over the Easter Bunny and Santa lie. What they don't get over are lies from the first persons they first loved and trusted and hurtful words that cut them like a knife.
    Children get over being lied to by parents?

Where exactly do you think the lying attitude of the first loved and trusted persons come from? We have been manipulated into believing that lying is alright to do...it is not!

This season is supposed to be about Jesus Christ. What does Jesus teach us about lying?

That the devil is behind lying:
    John 8:44 NIV "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lie's, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

So, when we tell our children that some fat guy in a red suit gives them presents or that some chocolate egg bearing rabbit represents God we are speaking the language of the devil. That is if you believe Jesus Christ, for whom this season is supposed to be named for.

I was subtly hinting that her statements were hurtful to the children. At 6 or 7 there's adult concepts that most kids don't understand.
    Its not about being "right", its about someone droppping a bombshell without considering what happens next. I can't image she's so foolish to not expect the kids to cry. The parents are upset because she did this without any compassion.

I wonder if she tells 6 year olds that mother goose isn't real, or Dick and Jane are fictional? Or mickey and donald are made up? Sure, Satan claus and the boogey man don't exist, but kids believe, and this teacher may as well have shot their dog or grandparents in front of them as tell them the truth.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

If the truth is told from the beginning, there is no proper timing needed to right a wrong.

Yes, children should be told that Mother Goose and the rest that were mentioned are fabrications of our imaginations. Yes, we should be responsible enough to give our children truthful information rather the deceiving lies.

Booty feels that without being taught wrong that we will naturally do wrong, there is no documented support for this theory. All tests done on the human nature of children have been done after emotional stimuli has been instilled in these children. The only way to create a properly fair situation analysis would be to raise children in a sterile environment with no emotional imput whatsoever, which of course would be inhumane.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Originally posted by James 3528
    Children get over being lied to by parents?

Where exactly do you think the lying attitude of the first loved and trusted persons come from? We have been manipulated into believing that lying is alright to do...it is not!

This season is supposed to be about Jesus Christ. What does Jesus teach us about lying?

That the devil is behind lying:
    John 8:44 NIV "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lie's, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

So, when we tell our children that some fat guy in a red suit gives them presents or that some chocolate egg bearing rabbit represents God we are speaking the language of the devil. That is if you believe Jesus Christ, for whom this season is supposed to be named for.
    Get some sleep. You're is a deep orbit. Then read what I wrote again s-l-o-w-l-y

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast