ECM motor failures

Has anyone seen the SNTech brand motors and modules in new rooftop equipment and if so have you had any failures? I have had a slew of them between 2 jobs fail. Replace them and the new ones are failing within a week. Voltage on both jobs is well within +/-10%. Motor manufacturer said original modules were weak so they built a more robust model and those are failing also.
    It might get loud!

Quote Originally Posted by duke of earl View Post
    Has anyone seen the SNTech brand motors and modules in new rooftop equipment and if so have you had any failures? I have had a slew of them between 2 jobs fail. Replace them and the new ones are failing within a week. Voltage on both jobs is well within +/-10%. Motor manufacturer said original modules were weak so they built a more robust model and those are failing also.
    Are you sure that is the name brand?

Sounds like you need to find an alternative.

SNTech energy saving motors? GOOD LUCK!

beeninyourshoes,

Tell me what you know. You can email me if you want to keep it confidential.
    It might get loud!

Hey Duke,

I really dont know much about these so called "green" motors as I have a friend who runs a CC supply house and he tells me things, in fact he told me of the acetyline shortage last year due to an explosion. He does not sell the SNTech motors (http://sntech.com/), but I heard him talking about them one day and I asked him about them and he said they were delicate. DELICATE ! I mean......... do we EVER use that word? LOL - He told me to stay away from them and he takes the time to stay informed, a REAL sharp AC Tech, in fact he's so strong on electrical diagnosis of HVAC parts that I wish I was as good. And sure I can ohm and amp and all that; he can figure tables in his head simply using ohm's law. I have to throw these things on paper see them. You know it's ALL about the mighty dollar. WHO can take it from you and put it in their pocket. If a motor has the Emerson Logo on it or a humidifyer says Honeywell on it, then I feel I'm in good hands. Thats all I know, but was enough for me. Good Luck!

Thanks been..... My controls contractor said he put two units in heat mode the other night and within five minutes of warm air passing over the motor, they failed. This is a topic of much frustration and no answer in sight. I appreciate your insight.
    It might get loud!

Sorry I could not be of more help.... but look at it this way; you helped all of us reading this! Good luck to you.

Its better for the company that contracted your work to pay for a better motor and look into a class action suit, than to pay you weekly to replace motors on warranty and never have climate control. Your not going to find the magic answer on those motors, its a flaw by a company that has'nt even sold their product for a year yet and did'nt do any field trials. If they make it a few years and work out the bugs, it could turn into a hell of company but bad way to start. Cut your losses.

My only losses are that we sold the equipment and the customer has a bad taste about it. I'm getting paid by the manufacturer to replace the motors and modules as they fail.
    It might get loud!

What is the brand of equip they are in and were they factory?
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

I don't want to harm the manufacturer so I'm not revealing that info. They are made by SNTech.
    It might get loud!

Quote Originally Posted by duke of earl View Post
    I don't want to harm the manufacturer so I'm not revealing that info. They are made by SNTech.
    Harm them sounds like you would help them by les contactors installing these thing they would have les liability.