Just curious, what has been the worst or most costly mistake you've ever made on the job?
My dad once told me a story that a buddy of his was working on a furnace at a trailer house, and after he left he got a call on the radio that the trailer had burned down as soon as he left due to a gas leak igniting...
I'm an apprentice, and a couple months ago I was replacing a compressor for a walk in cooler (by myself) and I had forgotten to take out the rubber plug inside the suction stub on the compressor. We got a no cool call a couple weeks later on that walk in, come to find out it obviously ruined the compressor. It was about a thousand dollar compressor- luckily it was covered under warranty lol. I'm surprised it lasted that long!
So any good stories of bad mistakes made on the job?