XL 950 WILL NOT RESPOND / DISPLAY DARK

XL 950 WILL NOT RESPOND / DISPLAY DARK

I just had a new system installed, Trane XL16i heat pump, XC 80 furnace, and XL 950 thermostat. System was up and running. Signed off on paperwork, wrote check and installers left. So I came in to begin setting up the thermostat, and it was dark, and won't respond in any way. Since it's only been up and running about an hour, am I missing something or is there a problem. Already contacted company, but they're gone for the day.

Any ideas????

Quote Originally Posted by bullethead View Post
    I just had a new system installed, Trane XL16i heat pump, XC 80 furnace, and XL 950 thermostat. System was up and running. Signed off on paperwork, wrote check and installers left. So I came in to begin setting up the thermostat, and it was dark, and won't respond in any way. Since it's only been up and running about an hour, am I missing something or is there a problem. Already contacted company, but they're gone for the day.

Any ideas????
    Check breakers.

Make sure the power switch is in the "on" posistion, which should be located somewhere close to the furnace.
    I've turned those off after startup, so me and the homeowner can speak in the basement about what was done during the day, and forgot to flip it back on.

Next to the unit, is there a "condensate pump"? It's generally about the size of a shoebox, can be white in color. Has drain lines going into it. If so, and it plugs into a GFI outlet, make sure that outlet isn't tripped.
    If you do have a condensate pump, also look for a little piece of cardboard sticking out the side. They put these for shipping (I guess), if it's not removed, the condensate pump will not run, causing the pump to shut down your system (if wired so).

If your unit is in an attic, you could check and see if the big pan it sits ontop of has alot of water in it. If it does, theres nothing you should do. They need to come back ASAP.

Same goes if the unit is on top of a pan in a basement.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted