Trane XV95 Gas Furnace Issue

I had this unit installed 11 months ago and it worked fine thru the winter of 2010-2011. When we turned in on last week it wouldn't fire. A technician came out and found a dried condesate pool (white rust) directly under the Intake Port in the Heat Compartment (not exchanger). A couple of the burner orfices were clogged with the same corrosion, and the track showed a trail up to the Intake Port. An Aprilaire humidifier is attached but didn't seem to be the cause of moisture/water entry in this area. Outside PVC pipes were checked, and they complied with the installation standards.
    I would like to hear if any of you have experienced this problem, and what the source might be?

Thanks in advance.

Jack

Can you post a picture? It sounds like from your discription That it is directly under the PVC pipe?

I didn't get a picture as the deposits (white rust) where cleaned away. The puddle was directly under the PVC Intake as in comes into the Heat chamber.
    There was an oxidized path that when from the 6" pool at the bottom of the Heat Chamber and up the side of the sheetmetal, and directly to the top of the chamber where the PVC pipe attaches to the box/chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkeefe View Post
    I didn't get a picture as the deposits (white rust) where cleaned away. The puddle was directly under the PVC Intake as in comes into the Heat chamber.
    There was an oxidized path that when from the 6" pool at the bottom of the Heat Chamber and up the side of the sheetmetal, and directly to the top of the chamber where the PVC pipe attaches to the box/chamber.
    How does your piping terminate outside, through the roof or side wall?

The piping terminates through the siding. The gooseneck intake is at 18" above grade, and the exhaust is at 29".

It is humid outdoor air that is condensing inside the intake pipe. York has devised a "gutter" fitting that will catch this condensate. I'm not sure if Trane has any such animal.

Thanks for the info.
    I'll ask around to see if Trane has the 'Gutter fitting'. Wonder if it has to attach inside the furnace heat box? If it connected to the pipe then it would seem one devise would work for all systems?

The piece we use fits in the pipe so it will work on any equipment. Try a York dealer.