Hmm

I just had a new furnace installed by a professional company. It is an Amana 95% with a stainless heat exchanger. Since it was installed I have noticed a gurgling / popping noise coming from the pvc exhaust pipe outside when the furnace is running. I called contractor who installed it and he told me that it is just condensation in the pipe and it is completely normal. The last house i owned had a 92% furnace and I never heard this noise. Also, is it good to have condensation in the pvc exhaust pipe? I thought that was why the small pvc pipe was routed, to drain the condensation into the drain.
    Can someone help ease my mind about this noise?

Thanks a lot!!!

Make sure PVC venting is pitching back towards furnace.

Amana...built better than it has to be. You paid extra for the technology to make those noises.

Gurgle-gurgle

Check the PVC pipes for any sags that could trap water. Then as mentioned in another post, be sure the pipes are sloped back to the furnace.

If it doesn't look right, get the installing contractor back
    on the job. They might appreciate your feedback.

Best regards...

That probably is normal, especially if Amana drains its PVC flue into the inducer as opposed to a Tee like Rheem does.

Nahhh, it should not be making those noises. On the types of installs were condensate will go back through the induced draft blower there should be a special bypass coupling installed. This would only apply to a horizontal mounted furnace with a left side discharge.

It really sounds like either air is getting into the condensate line between the furnace and the condensate trap assembly, the trap assembly is not being utilized or there is water trapping in a horizontal section of the venting.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

gurgling & popping in new furnace (2)

Thanks for the info. I checked the furnace, and there is a slope in the exhaust back towards it. The slope is a little greater than 1/4" per foot of exhaust run. The pipe is not sagging at all (the exhaust pipe is one piece with one pipe inside the other). The install looks good as far as I can tell. The furnace is mounted normally not horizontally. Any other ideas???

Thanks a lot!

Does your partner post as Snow Dog?
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/