+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swimming pool hvac

Post Likes

Swimming pool hvac

Hello, I have a corroded air handler in a school for heating the pool area, it has to be replaced, any suggestions on equipment that can handle the chlorine, also I am thinking about putting some sort of dehumidification in there as well as exhaust, I heard dectron makes good equipment for this, any suggestions would be appreciated.thank you

Post Likes
    PoolPak

Post Likes
    Dectron, Deschamps, Seresco all make pool units.

Post Likes
    We have both PoolPak and Dectrons for several of our pools. Both are good machines. PoolPak is easier to get support, beings its sponsered by Trane. Dectron is a Canadian company, at least thats were all the gurus for the things fly in from. BUT and I been a BIG BUT. It doesnt matter what you get if your chemicals are not kept right in the pool. This is what will kill a machine in a couple of years if not the right Ph and to much chlorine in the air due to improper fresh air and exaust. Or first dectron was ruined in about 3 years. This was do to high school lifeguards running the pool and doing the shocking and chemicals. After we made the parks department pay for a new machine, they hired a real pool tech.
    Redfive

Post Likes
    Bromine is prefered in indoor pools as a sanitizer. Less corrosive. Cynatic acid, in stabilized chlorine, is not legal in an indoor pool here.

Maybe someone is trying to find a solution in the wrong place!

Post Likes
    Doesnt matter what they use, if its not used right and the Ph and chemicals are not measured and tested correctly. We tried to make it easy for them, But due to ignorance and lack of training they still screw it up. Then they blame the HVAC for the air quality. We have salt systems, we have UV sytems and they still cant cant get the water right and destroy the machines. Its a constant battle. Best pool is a outdoor pool, or better yet the lake. Id swim in my cooling tower before I'd swim in a public pool anyway. Safer and cleaner, and Iv always got a good breeze. Open up all the cell doors and I can have my own lazy river to float down.

Redfive

Post Likes

Replacement Unit for pools

Innovent out of Minn/ St Paul

Good unit much cheaper than Pool Pak or Dectron

Is just me or is Pool Pak really jacking the price of parts up?

Post Likes

poolpak

dont blame the chemicals blame the balancer. a properly balanced air handler should solve any corrosion issues

Post Likes
    we use Desert aire dehumidifers at Ga. tech.

Post Likes

Go Dectron

For my money you can't buy a better pool unit than Dectron.

20 yrs ago we dropped a 30 ton Dectron 8 ft onto its side taking it off the truck. After an exhausting inspection by us, the Owner, and Dectron, we found exactly one molex connector loose.

FYI that unit is still running on it's original compressor today.

Post Likes
    better yet a direct fired make up air unit interlocked with an exhaust fan.

Post Likes
    You can get lots of information form this site...

pool spa parts

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in