Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lennox Pulse with a matched gibson heat pump system

I have a Lennox Pulse G14 and I purchased a Gibson Heat pump system for it. Well I am having some trouble getting it to work properly. I installed the outdoor thermostat unit and installed a Honeywell Th5000 thermostat. I am having trouble with the wiring of the unit. The way I have it wired the heat pump and the furnace run at the same time which I know is not correct. I suppose if there weren't 3 different wiring schematics it would be easier, but nothing in life is easy. The heat pump is a Gibson 2 ton 410a unit the furnace is a pulse g14 the outdoor stat is broan and the thermostat is a honeywell th5000. If anyone could offer any advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Need a sharp tech in there to install a dual fuel kit or a control that has one built in.

The th5000 is not designed to operate a dual-fuel system on its own.

Honeywell Vision Pro.............but besides that, did you pressure test the Pulse? How do you know it's safe to begin with?

am willung to bet my career that, that pulse needs to be replaced!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

worked on a 1993 Pulse that looked like it just came off the assembly line.

combustion test, air flapper, blower and secondary cleaning was all it needed!!

most do have issues, but not all.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

i have not had the pulse checked lately, however I have talked to the best tech in the area for the pulse furnace and he told me, you will know if it's not running right by the sound of it as anyone familiar with a pulse knows the sound just like any old mechanic with a car. I have a Carbon monoxide detector and it is yet to set it off while sitting next to the drain tube and also I have set it in the air duct and it hasn't registered anything either. But I am having the tech come out before I start it up for the season and check it because I don't want to die either. Thanks for the info on the stat though guys I assumed when it said 2 heat and 1 cool on the stat that it would have worked.

2 heat and 1 cool only mean that it can activate that many stages of either, but expects them to be the same. for example 2 stages of gas or heat pump, but not a combination of.

when you do a combination you need controls for that. this means either external to the thermostat or integrated into the thermostat.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

The only way to properly test a Pulse furnace is to pressure test it first.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    The only way to properly test a Pulse furnace is to pressure test it first.
    yes sir ive condemned some 30 or so that way.

i had a school with 13 of those bad boys only 3 passed the test.

and man those beasts are heavy........
    catch a man a fish , feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish , ruin a good business opportunity.

wtinknocker Guest
    your tech is wrong have!!!! Have seen many pulses that sounded perfect and failed the pressure test because of a leaking secondary hx
    pressure test is the only way to test then

If that Pulse passes the pressure test, don't get rid of it! There is not a more efficient furnace out there. Its really sad they stopped making them.

There are hundreds of them around here, I work on them all the time.

And no, you can't tell by the sound if the heat exchanger is ok or not.... get a different tech.

hope you put a new Gibson coil to go with the new outdoor unit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast