Thread: Education help

Education help

I have been installing and servicing since 88. I learned from the school of hard knocks,I'm looking for a good place to get book knowledge. Suggestions?

H

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy4god View Post
    I have been installing and servicing since 88. I learned from the school of hard knocks,I'm looking for a good place to get book knowledge. Suggestions?
    Get your post count up to fifteen, apply for Pro and spend some time around here. Ask lots of questions and grow thick skin!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Hands down you learn a lot on the job. At least i did. Unless your not familiar of the theory behind everything. I suppose you could check out a local community college most of them have classes available. Or Join an apprentice program and "Learn as you Earn" as they like to say.

I like the book “Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning” I have read it over and over. The public library is a good place to.

Welcome.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

www.rses.org Also www.powells.com/technicalbooks for used books cheaper. Troubleshooting and Servicing Modern Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems by John Tomczyk is the Best book for system problems. ACCA also has a book store. And www.training.carrier.com and www.nttinc.com If you join rses their magazine subscription comes with the membership. For books I also like Doolin's Trouble Shooters Bible and Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology by William Whitman.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

I'm studying AHRI's Fundamentals of HVAC/R and it seems very good.

hi Zippy.....

one of the best places going is the RSES you can join as a student at a very reasonable price and they are an educational org....they have online courses that can't be beat for the cost , a Sam Manual (service application manual) that is updated monthly , monthly meetings featuring guest speakers on all the latest products , and a whole book store with almost anything you wish to learn , r410 course , and cm certification.......you just can't go wrong with this org...i was on the board of directors for a while in our local chapter..all this way cheaper than a local trade school plus you'll make a load of friends & contacts there.......Good luck....Jack.....
    B[COLOR=a friend is one who knows us , but loves us anyway

Quote Originally Posted by john.0522 View Post
    I like the book “Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning” I have read it over and over. The public library is a good place to.
    i've seen that book too, it's very good.
    i think that's the same one they give students at LA Trade Tech.

i have "heating ventilating air conditioning and refrigeration" by Langly, it's also very good.

i find that the books show nearly as much as the trade schools