Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A "reminder" about posting in the AOP forums

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepole View Post
    Dad - I understand and appreciate all that's being posted. But here's a suggestion: Why not create a separate thread which specifically caters to DIY by HO and any advice a pro might or might not want to give?

There are some things which can be and is being and will be attempted by HO. The pros here might or might not want to advice for it or against it. Either way, as you stated, this is a TALK forum.

Why is it you're explicitly prohibiting anything and everything that's DIY ? Is it because you fear there are many simple things which professionals have made it complex in order NOT to loose revenue stream or is it because you fear a HO is essentially a incompetent and HVAC is truly a rocket science and thus left to experts?
    Think about it. If you went through the trouble to build one of the largest HVAC website over the past 10+ years (I've been here 10yrs, not sure how old the site is) would you want to do things that would cut into your business? As a TV/appliance tech I'll tell you the routine jobs are our bread & butter. The "tough dogs" that we make multiple trips on we typically loose money.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    It is suggest that we now close this down so the AOPC can do some more work. So without further delay... poof closed

btw...54regcab.... site opened in 2000. I actually joined in May of 2000 and was the 77th to do so. Yes, this is my second account but got away with it... lost my password and got severely spanked by Boss. You are basically correct... this is a professional site that allows HO's to ask some questions but is not a DIY site.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in