Thread: job outlook

job outlook

does anyone know how this industry will look say in the next 3 to 4 years.

Well i dont know about the us but in canada in the next 5 to 10 years alot of the guys will be ready to retire. So i feel that there will be alot of oppourtunties in the future.

I don't think anyone could predict that with any certainty. I personally think it will be much more involved in being more involved in the "whole house approach" or "whole building approach". I think the whole energy movement stuff (BPI, RESNET) energy auditing is persuading more & more HVAC contractors to get involved in treating the whole building (insulation, air sealing, reflective roof shingles, solar power) rather than just slapping in a replacement system based on what was previously there. I've seen the change in this site just since I've been a member.
    An answer without a question is meaningless.
    Information without understanding is useless.
    You can lead a horse to water............
    http://www.mohomeenergyaudits.com

thats a plus i was just reading how alot of americans are going out of the states for emloyment opps maybe i will do the same also

In NW Indiana 2 yrs ago when the new construction went dead the outlook was will be better in 2 yrs. Its far worse than better. Banks here aren't letting go of money easy even to qualified people with everything in order. Its come full circle when I started mid 80's. If you can fix stuff you have a job. Anything much else that came along was just a bonus.

I shifted from so much new construction to concentrating on service before things fell down. The bad side was the guys that only know new construction I no longer kept. The line is long with installers and nothing to do or no job here.
    "The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

In 10 years a mechanical tech and his tools will be worth more than a doctors degree.

Quote Originally Posted by sweat hog View Post
    In 10 years a mechanical tech and his tools will be worth more than a doctors degree.
    I sure hope that is the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by sweat hog View Post
    Providing we're all still here in 10 years.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

From what I'm studying in school, with R22 being phased out there's going to be alot more work. Plus many old units will be due for replacement.

Things are lookin good http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos192.htm