Hybrid View

Goodman Warranty - Who performs the labor?

quick question.

the contractor that installed my Goodman heating and air is out of business.

my Goodman warranty is still in effect seeing that the equipment is less than 6 months old.

who pays for the labor for Goodman warrantied parts? Me? Goodman? 3rd party?

please help me understand how this works.

typically you do unless you have a factory labor warranty. Any contractor can do the work. Check with them first to make sure they are willing to do warranty woork.

Unless you purchased an extended labor warranty through the manufacturer, you will be responsible for the labor charges and incedentals...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

You can go to the Goodman website and search for dealers in your area.
    I'll be there when I get there and not a minute later

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman View Post
    Unless you purchased an extended labor warranty through the manufacturer, you will be responsible for the labor charges and incedentals...
    Agreed!!! Has the equipment being registered for limited warranty online or through the mail? This is the warranty that will cover parts and compressor. Unless this is done, I think the warranty will only be for 5 years. Since the equipment is only 6 months old you still might be able to purchase extended warranty. You just need to find a company that deals with goodman and ask them to help you with this. Just curious do you no why your installer went out of business?

Hmmmm. I wonder.

We just did the warranty work on an Amana system the supposedly has the extended warranty. We will check the numbers with but went out because of immediate problems he had. The man actually chased down our truck, follwed him for 10 miles all the way to the office. Freaked the tech out. Turns out he mistook us for the installers who will not return his calls for service on a new system. Some of the work needed were install issues, not something that the equipment warranty would cover. But the evap drain pan was cracked and they sent us a replacement which turn out to be an old damaged pan that they put back in stock then sent to us. This dist. here is the pits. Especially with anything to do with warranties and parts.
    The labor warranty still has to be resolved but we will not eat the difference between G-Man's labor rates and our seeing as we didn't sell it.

That is funny in one since and sad in another with him chasing Down your company truck. What has our industry come to when a so called contractor installs equipment and when customer calls back due to a problem they want return there calls. That is sad!!!!! I to in my area see it all the time. We had a lady call in once that had a install done 1 month to the day to come out and check her system for problems at the time we did not no that she just had it installed! So the lead service guy went out and called me to look at this with him once he arrived.

I get there and as we were reviewing the system I realized that I had given a estimate to her a few months back in which she Said our cost was to high and had another guy that was going to do it for $xxxx cheaper. Needless to say she got what she paid for a bad install and now that company/guy want come back. It just goes to show you money is not everything. Anyways I made a few calls and got the warranty transfered for her as they didn't even register it. She had a lot of problems and furnace was blowing fuses. We fixed that and I worked up cost to repair/redue what was done wrong at the install. We did the work and she is happy now.