Thread: I am pi$$sed

I am pi$$sed

I purchased and Waring fryer and it fell apart last night. I attribute it to cheap plastic connections. The fryer has been used, maybe, two dozen times over a 14 month period. ( I consider that low use)

I am wanting a HIGH quality fryer that will LAST so I can do my chicken wings that wife and so much love!

Criteria: Reputation for quality. Single Basket. Electric Power. Counter-top.

I know you get what you pay for and will pay top $ for the right equipment. suggestions appreciated.

I am ticked because I wanted wings tonight! Now I have to settle for stir fry.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Go buy a commercial fryer.
    If you are a pro, then it should be no problem installing it.

I have been using this Hamilton Beach for years with no problems, I think I got mine at Kmart

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CHIQ8wIwAw

I have been having great luck on Craigslist. Just include "made in USA" on your searches. Planned obsolescence wasn't always the way things were designed. I just purchased a 10 year old Weber grill, for $50, that is still better than any of the three $400 grills I've used up were new. I was never into used stuff, I just can't find anything new that doesn't look like it was designed to be temporary.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I have been using this Hamilton Beach for years with no problems, I think I got mine at Kmart

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CHIQ8wIwAw
    I have the exact same one. It is well made but I think it takes a long time to heat up. And the basket is kind of dingy. I'd give it a 6.5 on a scale of 10.

BUT for chicken wing I use a wak. My son converted me on this. We have a big wak and it holds a full bag of wings. 3 lbs. They cook in about 25 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    I have the exact same one. It is well made but I think it takes a long time to heat up. And the basket is kind of dingy. I'd give it a 6.5 on a scale of 10.

BUT for chicken wing I use a wak. My son converted me on this. We have a big wak and it holds a full bag of wings. 3 lbs. They cook in about 25 mins.
    Havent noticed the heat up time. Turn it on while you're still prepping the food, should be good and hot when you're ready.

A wak? must be something new?!

Havent noticed the heat up time. Turn it on while you're still prepping the food, should be good and hot when you're ready.

A wak? must be something new?!
    A Chinese Frying pan !!!! Okay a wok. (it was late )

.........Turn it on.......should be good and hot when you're ready........
    Oh wait, I was dreaming, you guys were talking about "waks"
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

My fry daddy works just fine,,, about 3 yrs. and still cookin