dryer filter problem with insurance

dryer filter problem with insurance

I had an insurance claim for my walk in cooler. My cooler lost a temperature over the weekend due to clogged dryer filter(brand new). My claim got denied, because filter is not a mechanical part. What else could be a problem that leads
    for it failing filter that has something to do with mechanics of the compressor? Either before the filter or after.

I though you people are proffessionals in this matter. Come on, nobody have any ideas?

To many resons to list. Could be moisture or sludge from poor service. Could be motor windings comming off. But what ever it is you will be buying a new condensing unit soon. So at least that problem will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by foodguy View Post
    I though you people are proffessionals in this matter. Come on, nobody have any ideas?
    Well, you haven't given us much to go on, now have you?

You said "brand new" what is "brand new"? the filter or the entire unit?

Has there been recent service done to the unit?

Give us a little something to go on, here.

if nobody touched it and it was working windings might be flaking off and headed to the dryer,nobody is ever on a unit anysize and the filter blocks up takes a long time.if you had a major repair compressor change from a burn out and the guy didn't change the dryer out that might be a case..other wise its just an operating problems and caused by the results of a mech.problem thru the freon moving stuff into the dryer
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

No matter what your insurance company said, if your insurance covers the sealed refrigeration system, the dryer is an integral part of it.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Not sure what your insurance policy would cover, but a plugged filter-drier is like a plugged air-filter...it's not defective, but rather it's done its job.

Now, as to why the filter-drier is plugged? There could be several reasons for that.

Quote Originally Posted by foodguy View Post
    You received some answers from the professionals even with the limited info you gave, so where's the reply from the guy with the problem telling what the outcome is and saying "Thanks for your time"?