York iso flow absorber

I have recently got two York absorbers model YIAST2A446CSC under contract. The customer is the gas company and has been maintaning them on there own. They are generating hydrogen and I will be getting a sample to send for anaylsis and get inhibitor in them ASAP.They have never had inhibitor added since start up and they have 6000 hours on them. I have not worked on an absorber for ten years since I left York and could really use a service manual.
    I was hopeing some one could help me out. Hope you dont mind sharing with a regular guest. I have applied for pro status but have not herd back yet. Thanks in advance.

here is the IOM

add a little lithium nitrate to knock down the hydrogen, then get another sample to verify chemistry, the nitrate will get rid of the gas but cause other things to go on.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks dude

Thanks for the manual DFZ, man I love this sight. The units were made after 2002 so I beleive they take ADVAGaurd 750 inhibitor. I am probably looking at 2 week turn around on the anaylsis and getting inhibitor in hand but jeeze who noes how long they have been running with no inhibitor so whats a couple of more weeks. Thanks again the manual really helps.

There is a couple of things I have forgottin like what is an exceptable bubble rate after I get rid of the nitrogen.
    And how to check for proper alcohol content of my refrigerant. Will study manual today maybe it is in there.

the iom should go over purging and bubble rate, the alcohol will show up in the sample report.

the nameplate should list the inhibitor, nitrate, molybdate, advagard 750, or chromate.
    Last edited by DFZ; 09-19-2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: added info