Plotting the Refrigerant Cycle

Hello! I am an HVAC student in Wichita, KS. Yesterday, our instructor was teaching us how to plot on Pressure-Enthalpy charts also called Pressure-heat charts or Mollier Diagrams. Unfortunately he really did a bad job of showing us how to do it, and we all left class confused. I was wondering if someone could provide some good links or information to help me understand how to plot my data on the chart.

We were working with R-22 and these are my readings. Keep in mind, the trainer machines we have are nearly 20 years old and have been abused over the years.

Low Side:
    72 PSIG = 42degF
    Suction Line Measured: 59degF
    17deg Superheat

High Side:
    220 PSIG = 107degF
    Liquid Line Measured: 103degF
    4deg Subcooling

So, how would I plot this data on an R-22 Pressure-Enthalpy diagram?

Thanks!

Check National refrigerants web site

I think they have some useful info there. Once you can plot 22 you can do the same for any other refigerant

http://www.refrigerants.com/ReferenceGuide2006.pdf
    You have got to learn from other people's mistakes! Because God knows you don't live long enough to make them all yourself !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hvacClayton View Post
    Hello! I am an HVAC student in Wichita, KS. Yesterday, our instructor was teaching us how to plot on Pressure-Enthalpy charts also called Pressure-heat charts or Mollier Diagrams. Unfortunately he really did a bad job of showing us how to do it, and we all left class confused. I was wondering if someone could provide some good links or information to help me understand how to plot my data on the chart.

We were working with R-22 and these are my readings. Keep in mind, the trainer machines we have are nearly 20 years old and have been abused over the years.

Low Side:
    72 PSIG = 42degF
    Suction Line Measured: 59degF
    17deg Superheat

High Side:
    220 PSIG = 107degF
    Liquid Line Measured: 103degF
    4deg Subcooling

So, how would I plot this data on an R-22 Pressure-Enthalpy diagram?

Thanks!

you could try this , scroll to the bottom and click on "contents" youll find your answer there.