Thread: On call pay

How much extra not counting the hourly rate do you make for being on call after hours.

last company I worked for you got paid 4 hours for every call out unless it was more than 4 then you got actual hours worked and anything over 40 was time and a half. The company I'am laid off from now only pays actual hours on any call they SUCK . But thats PA for Ya...

some of the OEMs pay $200.00 just to be on(1week)another does 15 hours Xs your regular rate(35.00 HR big bucks),and that can't be touch or combines with OT hours worked.the lowest i have seen was $75.00 for an on call week
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

We get $100 for being on call then time and half for hours worked.We can either get paid for hours worked,or put it in your vacation bank.We get double time for Christmas,and Thanksgiving

when your self employed you dont get paid anything ....kinda sucks

Straight time all the way, unless you are over your 40 hrs/week.

a big $8.50 per nite on call.
    Here's your sign...

we get two hours ot for being on call, If you go out they take the two hours away.cheap cheap

for the week we are on call you get 1 hour ot

Hey we dont get any money for being on-call says it part of the job.Im on call New Years Day and Monday since office closed

I'm on-call every other week for a week. (company recently opened a branch in our area). We receive no extra compensation for being on call. OT after 8 and Saturdays. DT on Sundays and Holidays.
    "The problem is the average person isn’t tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and it’s not in the movies they watch, and it’s not in the few books that they buy, they don’t get it" - Jack Canfield

four extra hours for being on call, time and ahalf for over forty, double time after 50,when on call to get 4 hours van has to be clean inside and out, oil change if needed.

Small company I work for.On call 24/7,every other week. O/T after 40. Time and a half after 4:30 monday thru fri. Double time after 8:00 P.M. to 8:00 A.M. Saturday time and a half 8:00a.m. to 8:00p.m.,then double time after that and all of Sunday. It's kind of complicated,but something the company had to do cause we were the only company answering after hours calls (seemed like) and boss and I were getting worn out baby sitting our competions customers and nuisance calls. Double time on holidays.