Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hey thinking about relocating to Fort Worth Texas. Just wondering if any one knows what the pay is like? Also if there is a stong market for hvac and refer techs in the area? P.S. r 12 if you read this where are you from again? I am sick of CA. I thought about Portland Or. but my wife HATES the long rainy season.
    I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart.

R-12 is in the Austin area....Pay in Ft Worth 15-25/hr depending on experience. Housing will look inexpensive compared to West coast. 1200 sq ft home 110k, 2000sq ft 150k. Job benefits generally suck.

There are a few good company's around Fort Worth. But Dallas would be a better place right now.

I am in Fort Worth and have been off for about a month now, but, I am a little older and they tend to want young guy's here.

Lennoxman if your wanting to talk to lennox rep.
    Jackie Hall is Fort Worth's sales rep. He knows alot of people and could maybe help.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

If you're wanting to move inside, the Lennox R&D lab is in Carrollton, just North of Dallas. Email me if you're interested. Techs straight out of school start at $36K + fringes, experience pays more.

Use the email address in my profile, not the credentials (I can't figure out how to change that one).

try a few hours south and come to central Texas, Killeen-Temple area. We are in need of a couple of good commercial ac, chiller, boiler, refrigeration, type people. Low cost of living, nice area. reply here or email me direct.

Davenet,
    I did not see your e-mail address on your profile. If you want you can e-mail me your address. I am looking into a few opportunities. I really desire a serious life change and moving to another state seems pretty serious to me.

Hey LennoxMan,

I'm jus south of Austin about thirty minutes. There are several great outfits here who are always looking ... or so I hear.

The one's I would recomend have great benefits. Stay away from any outfit which doenst think enough of their men and themselves to offer great benefits!

theprospector
    earthlink
    dotnet

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lennoxman
    Hey thinking about relocating to Fort Worth Texas. Just wondering if any one knows what the pay is like? Also if there is a stong market for hvac and refer techs in the area?

Well, that all depends on the individual. If you're skilled, there are ALWAYS job opportunities. The service tech pay depends on type of tech. Residential with 5+ years is likely $16-19 and more for more experience AND ABILITY.

BTW, why Fort Worth?

lennoxman

Don't know if you're still looking toward Fort Worth but if you are and have central plant and controls experience, we're hiring. Link to ad on HVAC-talk here:

http://hvac.buildcentral.com/classif...-0A4D9353D9C1}

Shoot any questions my way. Email addy is in my credentials. It's a good opportunity for someone who likes central plant work and wants a decent working environment with good bennies.

[Edited by shophound on 02-11-2006 at 09:08 AM]
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

I was looking in to Ft.Worth because a BK mgr here at home was telling me how affordable it was to live there. Well when I really checked into it I found that just about all of TX is affordable to live. I think I make a little more money here than I would there....But I don't know how cost of living would be in retrospect. If I could come close to what I make here I'd be on a plane ASAP.

shophound,
    I did not see your email adress on your profile. Please contact me at lennoxman at msn dot com

Thanks

Originally posted by lennoxman
    shophound,
    I did not see your email adress on your profile. Please contact me at lennoxman at msn dot com

Thanks
    Evidently you found it as I got your email this morning. I'll reply to you in further detail there about the position.

I also lived out your direction, for twelve years in fact. I found cost of living high and only going higher. Real estate is unreal there. The house my wife and I are selling in Plano, a 1,500 square foot 1960's ranch tract house, has a market rate of a little over 100k. In socal that same house would fetch at least four or five times our market. Incredible.

Having lived in Dallas the greater portion of my life, I find Fort Worth life quite different. Laid back, for starters. Being a native Texan, living in Cowtown I now feel more like I'm in Texas vs. the anomaly which is Big D.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Yeah! I meant to delete that posting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast