Has Trane Quit Making XL80 Furnace?

I asked for a proposal to replace existing furnace with a new Trane XL80, and the contractor is telling me Trane has quit making the XL80 model. Is this true?

It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

I forgot to add, I would go with the XV80 though. Variable speed blower, I don't put anything in w/o a variable speed blower anymore.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

I looked on trane's website and it is still listed so I would say yes it is still being offered. I have never installed/ or sold one. I always go with a XR 80 or XV/XC 80. I agree with Southern Mech on the XV as is it offers the best of both worlds with 2 stage and variable speed performance. Money will spent!

Contractor claims the local Trane equipment distributor says XL80 is no longer available, in spite of what is on Trane's website. I am getting a couple more bids so I'll see if the other contractors say the same thing.

if you live in a dry climate the xt 80 or xt 90 is a good choice it has the x13 motor

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay View Post
    Contractor claims the local Trane equipment distributor says XL80 is no longer available, in spite of what is on Trane's website. I am getting a couple more bids so I'll see if the other contractors say the same thing.
    Where do you live because I am a Trane dealer in Oregon and my distributor has stopped carrying the XL and XT lines and XC80 because they were not selling enough.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    Where do you live because I am a Trane dealer in Oregon and my distributor has stopped carrying the XL and XT lines and XC80 because they were not selling enough.
    I'm in Omaha NE. Another HVAC contractor confirmed that Trane is discontinuing the XL80. I'll probably end up with XV80.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay View Post
    I'm in Omaha NE. Another HVAC contractor confirmed that Trane is discontinuing the XL80. I'll probably end up with XV80.
    You will be much happier with this one trust me. I didn't even install the XL80's when they were around, not because they were not a good furnace but because the XV80 was so much better for the money.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

And,

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    You will be much happier with this one trust me. I didn't even install the XL80's when they were around, not because they were not a good furnace but because the XV80 was so much better for the money.
    a better warranty.
    GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!

A DECADE OF DOMINANCE! +2

Well It does seem like they have took the XL80 out of the lineup according to everyone that has dealings with them. Again I have never used one so want be a lost for me or homeowners or even contractors! There are two many Trane chooses when it comes to furnaces. I mean the

XB, XR, XL, XT, XV & XC!!! I have liked the XB furnaces other then for commercial work, the XR is good for single stage with a basic a/c system, XL never used (never saw the purpose), XT back in 09 when tax credits started used a few but didn't like the motors on start up cont. Tourque that made noise on start up that needed to be adjusted and the XV & XC my personal choose. XV for non Comcating system & XC for Comcating systems.