Thread: Carrier 24ACA3

Carrier 24ACA3

I have this carrier a/c and furnace unit and one day I was outside fiddling with some brushes when accidentally I disconnected the 2 signal wires. I tried to reconnect them but I may have reversed the polarity.

Now my ac doesn't receive the signal to turn on, hence, i have no a/c.

when i go outside and press down on the activation relay, the a/c works, that's how i know it's a signal issue.

Do I need to replace the computer boards?

This is my first a/c unit and my first home. Who should I contact to fix this and how will i know if I'm getting shafted or not?

Thanks
    - Bill

Quote Originally Posted by awdaltima View Post
    I have this carrier a/c and furnace unit and one day I was outside fiddling with some brushes when accidentally I disconnected the 2 signal wires. I tried to reconnect them but I may have reversed the polarity.

Now my ac doesn't receive the signal to turn on, hence, i have no a/c.

when i go outside and press down on the activation relay, the a/c works, that's how i know it's a signal issue.

Do I need to replace the computer boards?

This is my first a/c unit and my first home. Who should I contact to fix this and how will i know if I'm getting shafted or not?

Thanks
    - Bill

There is no polarity on an ac signal....however....now is the time to find an HVAC contractor you trust. Ask family and friends who has taken care of them.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Ask neighbors who they trust, and call them. Sounds like a minor repair so it should be able to be addressed quickly and at a low cost.

PS please stop manually engaging contactors before you seriously hurt your self.
    It's not rocket-science...

It's electromechanical thermodynamic engineering

one of the contractors whom i talked to on the phone told me that he believes there is a transformer that needs to be replaced

Quote Originally Posted by awdaltima View Post
    one of the contractors whom i talked to on the phone told me that he believes there is a transformer that needs to be replaced
    well, you better call him out in case it is something else
    “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” ~ Sir Isaac Newton

I'm learning all the time, the tombstone will be my diploma!!!

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?