trane screw
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trane screw

trane screw

can any body help for service manual for CHHN 060 suction cooled
    trane screw compressor

What are you trying to troubleshoot on the compressor?

trane screw

some times running well and some times tripping on oil indication checked sensors and found ok I want to unbox it for real problem

You need the service manual for the chiller, not the compressor. Post the chiller model #. If it's tripping on an oil fault, you probably have a clogged oil filter.

need chiller model and serial numbers
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Need model number.
    More than likely its not your oil filter. But heres a few things to check.
    1. Check valve o-rings 2. oil filter 3. *differintial oil pressure switch( could be out of calibration)
    4. *lip seal. 5. *sensors. 6. also make sure your condenser coils are clean, high pressures cause a higher pd across filter. 7. fan staging.

* = depends on model

Confused Trane chiller sensor problem

I'm working on a trane chiller M/N CGAM040F and I am trying to replace the suction termp sensor on it. When I put the newe sensor on it doesn't read on the display. This is the second one . Has anybody out there have any experiance with these sensors?

He's working on a CHHN compressor so he's not going to have a oil pressure differential switch or lip seal issue.

Yup ^^^^ RTAC, of course the OP starts a thread and disapears.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Quote Originally Posted by steven nichols View Post
    I'm working on a trane chiller M/N CGAM040F and I am trying to replace the suction termp sensor on it. When I put the newe sensor on it doesn't read on the display. This is the second one . Has anybody out there have any experiance with these sensors?
    Welcome to the forum! In the future, start a new thread by clicking the "New Thread" button in the upper left hand corner if you are changing the subject.

You need a laptop running Trane TechView software to bind the new sensor so the controller knows what it is. All the sensors and boards are on the same comm buss.

Do a forum search on "bind sensor" and you'll get a lot of info on this.

I think the CHHN is in the RTAA or RTWA.

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    I think the CHHN is in the RTAA or RTWA.
    RTAA is CHHN, the RTAC uses a CHHP. not sure on the RTWA

The CHHN compressor is used in the RTAA chiller, and I have worked on many of these. If it is tripping out on an oil fault the most likely cause is high head pressure. Check and clean the condenser coil, (this MUST be done from the inside to the outside of the coil or it will cause problems). I have seen coils that look clean but are almost completely plugged inside the fins. Also check to make sure the condenser fans are operating and that the rotation is correct. There will be several fans for each fuse in the circuit, so if one fails and blows the fuse there will be several that are not running.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast