Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Confused

Thank you genduct. I am fairly new to this world of forums and apparently keep stepping on someones toes. I am not sure what rule i broke this time but i am open to help anytime. I am having printer trouble at home so applying for pro has been impossible lately. When it is fixed i will certainlyt do so. Thanks again

I try not to pass judgement on anyones posts unless I find the advice wildly inappropriate.

You posted advice in AOP forums without following the rules.

At this point, the quality of your advice is immaterial. You are not a Professional Member * of this site and thus are not permitted by site rules to post any advice in the AOP forums.

I invite you to apply for professional membership, then apply for the AOP *.

Quote Originally Posted by boilerman856 View Post
    You are not allowed ato put a non sealed combustion gas water heater in a bedroom, I would think you shouldn't take combustion air from that room through grilles either. Better call the code enforcement officer or fire chief on thar one first
    What he said !!!! Now it is legal.
    Bad information is worse than no information at all.

There are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't!

Hello Smity

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I try not to pass judgement on anyones posts unless I find the advice wildly inappropriate.

You posted advice in AOP forums without following the rules.

At this point, the quality of your advice is immaterial. You are not a Professional Member * of this site and thus are not permitted by site rules to post any advice in the AOP forums.

I invite you to apply for professional membership, then apply for the AOP *.
    It kinda sounded like you were criticizing the boilerman for my remarks. I don't think that is true but in case it is please don't think badly of him for my remarks.
    As I said, I understand this new approach is going to take some getting used to, and your job is to ermind us, but I thought it would be helpful to share the idea that your taking issue with the boilerman's status could have allowed the OP to ignore some sound advice, SO in this effort to enforce the rules would it have been too much for you to respond to boilermans good advice along with your encouragement to apply for PRO Status?

Just wondering is all, Mike
    You have got to learn from other people's mistakes! Because God knows you don't live long enough to make them all yourself !!!!!!!!

Get a direct vent water heater.

problem solved.

Doesn't even have to be an instant water heater.
    State Select makes a 2 pipe water heater, along with the AO smith vortex.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by genduct View Post
    It kinda sounded like you were criticizing the boilerman for my remarks. I don't think that is true but in case it is please don't think badly of him for my remarks.
    As I said, I understand this new approach is going to take some getting used to, and your job is to ermind us, but I thought it would be helpful to share the idea that your taking issue with the boilerman's status could have allowed the OP to ignore some sound advice, SO in this effort to enforce the rules would it have been too much for you to respond to boilermans good advice along with your encouragement to apply for PRO Status?

Just wondering is all, Mike

My point stands, The purpose of these forums is for qualified and vetted Professionals to offer advice to homeowners in need.

Regardless of the quality of his advice (and I don't deal with fuel burning equipment within living spaces and cannot accurately comment on what is and is not 'code', by the way), it really makes no difference.

There are rules and the rules are in place for a reason.

I'll go quietly!

No need to call the Police!
    You have got to learn from other people's mistakes! Because God knows you don't live long enough to make them all yourself !!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12