Vacuuming Refrigerator System (Triple Evacuation) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    just where are you connected on the system? Since refrigerators don't have access ports you must have made your own so where is it? The Vg 64 isn't the most accurate micron gauge on the market. How old is the box?

Also since this was a sealed system before you opened it up there would be no moisture in it. Even if you changed the compressor I seriously doubt your gonna have a moisture issue.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

TO HVACVEGAS

Thanks for your post! I hope that's the only reason why it's not showing proper vacuum reading. I will try to clean it with alcohol and try it again.

I INSTALLED ONE ON HIGH SIDE WHERE I WAS MEASURING VACUUM THROUGH FLEX HOSE ATTACHED TO GAUGE, ANOTHER ON LOW SIDE, WHERE I WAS ATTACHING COPPER TUBING TO PUMP. BOTH SHREDDER VALVES CLOSE TO COMPRESSOR. REFRIGERATOR 8-9 YEARS OLD.

Your micron gauge can become "dirty" after 5 minutes of use.
    During your evac, if your micron gauge is not well above the vacuum pump (like micron gauge on top of the condenser, pump on the ground), then you can pump vacuum pump oil into your micron gauge, causing contaimnation.

It will then read incorrectly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your post! I hope that's the only reason why it's not showing proper vacuum reading. I will try to clean it with alcohol and try it again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12