Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy

im from chicago,il i am 22 years of age i went to a 9 month
    trade school(didntlearn much)and graduated ...it took me 3 months to get a job as an install helper(no experience wat so ever)and got discharged after to months cause i took to long with my work and my lead was complaining...i wanna do install again but to be honest im scared to apply to companies... the hours arent a problem the pay either,i only have basic hand tools to work with for right now,i just
    wanna get the experience and ride the truck again... any suggestions of what i should do

why are u afraid to apply somewhere else?

Dont be discouraged. I worked for a couple of bone heads when I started out. Everyone does. Keep on going and you will find a good shop. When I started, I didnt know what the difference between fittings; didnt matter if it was sheet metal, copper or black pipe. There were times when I was humiliated and hated my job as well. So get off that couch and work!
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

When you fall down, you just get up and dust yourself off. Don't think about it man. Just do it! What choice have you got?

What part of chicago do u live in? Im around O'hare. anyway Hang in there buddy sometimes life sucks but you got to work through it and not give up. Try giving Four seasons a call there a really good company.

try some of these in your area....might catch on http://www.mepatwork.com/JobSeekerPa...teList/IL.aspx good luck
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

i live on south side robhvac...LOL um thats where i was discharged from(four seasons)they werent patient with me. they kept on giving my lead nothing but 90's.. he was cool at times but at times not .. he would complain about how slow i worked(to the field manager). four seasons threw me into the field like nothing i learned the hard way..they didnt say that i needed tools or any thing..four seasons has its pros and cons... im not gonna give up , i went out 2 a couple of places 2 day no luck...i was so humiliated to when i went to pick up my last check and everybody from the office was looking at me(at four seasons)....i almost gave up on hvac...but i know i cant... i try to go to small shops doing small stuff but no luck there....at least i got the feel for the field work, i now have a better understanding how the industry works(its a *****)....

You should really be looking in as many areas as you can. Do you have a profile set up with http://www.hvacagent.com ?
    When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris.

i do have one with hvac agent, like most companies they want experince

Do you move slow or are you slow at doing things until you learn how? There is a big difference in the two. Some people are fast paced and some slow. I have to be around fast paced people or it drives me up the wall but I do not expect you to learn something new and be fast at it in a short time.

i move slow until i learn it and get the hang of it. ive always been like that when i work..all my past employers loved the way i worked, one employer still wants me to work 4 them but i cant...when i first started install i didnt know nothen of it, i didnt know how to even put a simple thermostat but now i have a better understanding...my lead said i was getting better..i mean i still need some little time to move faster but im getting better..there were times were my lead wouldnt let me do nothing just watch so we can finish faster..i wanted to work but he didnt let me ...my biggest problem i would have is sheet metal and charging a an a/c, making plenums..i dont have problems with running conduit or stuff like that..i like brazing running copper lines......

Originally posted by robhvac
    Try giving Four seasons a call there a really good company.
    WHAT?.....are you high?

Too bad you're on the South Side (that's my old neighborhood by the way, Bridgeport & Brighton Park)

I'd give you a try, but I'm up North, kind of a long cruise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast