I came upon a rack today that had been running 0 percent overnight. I did find one check valve on the return from the condensor leaking. I closed the ball valve and pumped that side of the condensor out. liquid level came up to 45 percent. My question is how do i check the three way condensor valve to ensure its not leaking also. I also unplugged heat reclaim. I left the ball valve off and set controller ambient split temp from 50 degrees to 90 degrees

What kind of temperatures are you seeing. My guess is that it is a medium temp rack and the refrigerant is migrating from the suction manifold through the valve and discharge line to idle condenser. We valve off the discharge side on medium temp rack b sides to avoid this problem.
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Is this an A/C heat reclaim coil or H2O? I have seen racks go from 50% in normal operation to 0% in reclaim due to an over sized heat reclaim coil in the A/C unit.

Someone's access code is too high for their own good.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by condenseddave
    [B]Someone's access code is too high for their own good.

Amen.

Agree Dave....why did you adjust the split temp setpoint?
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

I adjusted the ambient set point because my boss told me too. Its a ac reclaim coil and ive been told that usually out of reclaim that the liquid level is around 75 percent due to the large reclaim coil

My guess about the ambient set point was to ensure it stays in split

Looking at the log books the highest level of liquid was 60 percent at start up. This was with no reclaim and no split

reciever % tells you nothing. Your reciever % will be all over the map, it all depends on the conditions. Outside temp, split unsplit, number of fans on, ambient temp, system load ect ect. Reciever level is only really good for alarms and to know when to stop trying to pump the rack down and over fill the reciever.
    "I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way."

"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Your boss is a dangerous man.

So you are saying i should have left the ambient set point at 60 deg. what line of action should i have taken?