Contractor Lawsuit for Botched Job - Any advice?

I started a thread about a month ago and received some great advice!

However, at this point it looks like I've been shafted by my contractor. My system has failed and my contractor cannot even be reached. Additionally, the contractor installed a furnace that I didn't ask for. I have detailed emails, phone texts, and pictures and videos of the failed system. The unit is only 4 months old.

Can any one offer me advice on how to sue this contractor so I can get my money back so that I can reinstall another system?

BTW, the contractor is licensed in VA. I live in MD.

I'll take any advice.

Thank you.

1st thing is this, contact the State board for HVAC in MD, I am unfamiliar with MD so I don't know the #'s.

2- you prolly won't lets say sue, the contractor will go through a hearing and have to make it right at no cost to you, then he will be penalized for his actions. If not he looses his license.

3- just cause he is a VA contractor doesn't mean he isnt licensed in MD also.

contact MD department of Heating and A/C contractors, or go to you building permit office as a start. I would put an attorney in bussiness law on retainer.

I hope you have signed and thouroughly documented contract.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

thanks for the advice.

if we do a hearing, will I get money? at this point, i'm not sure if I want him back in my house. i'm looking to pay someone else to redo the job.

i've got a thoroughly documented contract. i only discovered that I didn't get the correct equipment after I contacted Goodman to check-up on my paperwork and warranty (since the contractor didn't leave me any paperwork or materials). Goodman gave me the specs on what I purchased and it didn't match what I paid for in the contract.

Sorry, this site doesn't participate in lawsuits. We don't want any involvement or connection whatsoever.

Thread closed.