Question Payne vs Carrier

I understand that the same company makes Payne and Carrier but what are the big differences beside price.?

Kinda like VW and Porsche, only instead of paying more for speed, handling and status you pay up front for better comfort, control, and energy efficiency.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Yes, more sophisticated controls on the furnaces. Outdoor units for Payne are made in Mexico. The rest of the family are made by Americans. Remember, all the recent talk about jobs.

Also, Payne is sold to anyone with green in many areas. Lot of people who shouldn't be installing it are. Carrier is more selective about who buys and installs their product.

Thanks for the info ...... Especially the information about being made in Mexico because I am all for keeping jobs in the good ole USA! I think we will spend the extra bucks and go with the Carrier.

We've put in a couple of Payne dry units since Carrier doesn't have any. They are of noticeable less quality than the Carrier unit, even though they are the same company.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    We've put in a couple of Payne dry units since Carrier doesn't have any. They are of noticeable less quality than the Carrier unit, even though they are the same company.
    bmathews,

You should apply for Professional Membership.

I know. I just never get around to it. Too damned busy with work and kids.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.