Location of mini-split indoor unit

Hello, I am looking into replacing my electric baseboards with a ductless mini-split heat pump. What I'm trying to figure out is where the indoor units need to be located as I've received different information from various HVAC companies.

The situation in question is two bedrooms connected by a hallway adjacent to the living/dining/kitchen. It is essentially one side of the house.

1) Can an indoor unit be installed in the hallway and provide heat to the two adjoining bedrooms efficiently? Or could I expect to see a large temperature differential between the hallway and the rooms?
    2) Alternately, can the indoor unit be installed in one of the rooms and be expected to heat the other room via the hallway? All of these scenarios assume the doors are open of course.

I've had a couple of companies suggest one unit can definitely supply both rooms, with differences in the location. Another company advised against a single unit and recommended one for each bedroom. Each bedroom is about 10'x10', and the hallway is 3'x10". There is a bathroom between the bedrooms.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, hopefully I've provided enough information that you can make sense of things.

Thanks,
    SlowBrains

I wouldn't think either way would be good.

Adjoining rooms would work. But separated by a 10' hallway, Your not going to get the rooms to both be comfortable. One will be hot while the other is cool to cold using 1 cassette.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thanks for the input. I have a follow up question.

The company that recommended placing units in each bedroom also recommended installed two outdoor units to achieve a total of four indoor units. The setup would be a 3-head outdoor unit and a 1-head outdoor unit. The reason given was a single 4-head outdoor unit doesn't qualify for tax credits/rebates.

Does that seem to make sense to go that route simply for the tax credits/rebates? It seems like a rather inefficient and slightly less reliable system (more opportunity for something to break). Of course, I also don't know squat about HVAC.

Thanks again,
    SlowBrains

Only if the tax rebate/credit is more then the cost of going to 2 outdoor units.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?