Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manitowoc

Who makes the best ice machines?

ive never had to do a call back/warranty on a mani.
    and ive installed dozens..

Originally posted by primmers
    ive never had to do a call back/warranty on a mani.
    and ive installed dozens..
    I keep several Manitowoc inlet water valves on the truck. If you don't know why I would do that, then you haven't been around Mani's very long.

I agree with Lusker about Hoshizaki, but I keep a bunch of water valve diaphragms and a bin thermostat handy for them as well.

im not saying i dont work on them, just saying not under warranty..the inlet valves?? i just takem apart and clean them..

Hoshi's rule!!!

great tech support if ya need it!

CW (Formerly redneck)
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

Mani-whak is pretty good exept when you have to fill those warranty long claim form.

Hoshin-Daki is pretty good if you have a good filter to it.But It takes too long to clean. and they (san antonio branch) sell the parts to anybody who walks in. Cant sell them because you cant outbid (san antonio branch)them because they sell it them self.

Ice on matic is pretty good now there back to mechanical and no board machine ( thank god they fired those guys who design their electronic boards.)

Scott-man well they suck machine dont purge properlly.

cornellious disposable machine only good for one year if it last that long.

Voight machine well they RULE the ice machine industry.

Shaka,
    Good post and good points...off the subject, I was in your town a year ago and thought it was great. You guys got some beautiful, BEAUTIFUL Mexican women down there....I bet the summers are a real SOB though.

Take care,

r404a

Ya but we got a bunch of Ugly ones too.

gets busy during summer time gets very hot and humid.

We dont know how to drive here specially if there is ice on the road they close all the freeway to keep us off.

Originally posted by primmers
    ..the inlet valves?? i just takem apart and clean them..
    When Manitowoc came out with the Q-Series design with batch feed for water supply, the original Horton valves (the blue ones) had a horrendous failure rate. We were told that there was a manufacturing problem involving the lubricant used.....or some such line of BS. These valves would typically stick open and you arrived at the job to find water streaming into the bin. Sometimes the valve's top seal would rupture and water would be peeing out onto the floor. Change out the valve under warranty and chances were you'd be back in short order to do it again.......until they came out with the Invensys valves (the yellow ones).

They faired much better, but I still have significant numbers fail. Mani doesn't offer a rebuild kit like they have for their dump valves or do they recommend attempting to clean or otherwise service the valve. Just replace it. I simply don't wish to chance a freebie callback for such an easy, quick and relatively cheap fix.

Manitowoc, Kold-Draft, Scotsman, I haven’t seen a fill valve yet that’s been taken apart and cleaned that didn’t come back to bite you in the ass. Change them all.

As far as manufacture, Vogt for large capacity, then Hoshizaki, then Manitowoc and maybe Scotsman.

manitowoc or hoshizaki is my pick .. as long as the machine has proper water filtration, gets regular maintenance & the customer doesnt touch it..lol

now all you need is for manitowoc's warranty check to bounce..
    was it mani's fault or the manufacture of the tank?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast