Thread: JOB HUNT

JOB HUNT

Can anyone help me ? I am a recent Tech grad in Orlando looking to succeed in my career . I am trying to decide where the job market is for HVAC/R techs the best oppurtunity for me & my family. I have family in Boston and want to move there which means I will need to learn the Heating side of things i.e Boilers , Gas & Electric Heat. My wifes family is in South Florida and I havent had much luck in Florida looking for work. I have found the ARPEC school in Opa Locka which says it gets you into the Pipefitters Union ?Does anyone know of this or can offer any advice would greatly be appreciated . I am stuck in a rut & need work .Help
    me find a door to get my foot into

There is a dilemma here, because I regularly hear from out of work techs, yet when I try to hire, I find that high quality techs are few and far between. Our market here in Nevada is soft right now although we're doing well. We expect to change our hiring focus to hire entry level people with good technical training and then bring them along. In my opinion, the industry is changing because of more and more complex equipment. You have to be willing to crawl in the dirt, bake in an attic, and fry on a rooftop. You have to spend time studying the latest and greatest equipment. You have to be great at working with customers. You have to be very comfortable with computers and electronics. Other than that, it's easy!

Best of luck with your search.

Source Refrigeration is moving into the southeast. Go online and apply. www.sourcerefrigeration.com I believe they just opened a branch in Florida. Commercial refrigeration is a lot less seasonal than hvac. Or you can go to the local Union hall and put your name on the list to join the apprenticeship program. www.smwia.org also www.smacna.org and www.ABC.org. and www.UA.org I found 2 companies listed on the ABC website in Orlando, Mechanical Services on Sattelite Blvd. and Energy Air inc. on Energy Air Ct. You could call one of these companies and find out more about the apprenticeship program. Even if no one is hiring you could put your name on the list to join the apprenticeship program. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Paul Bee; 09-11-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

Thank you very much

You are welcome!
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

Talking Position Available

We are not in Boston but we are hiring. Check out our website marsmechanical.com and fill out an app. You can also copy paste your resume to the bottom. See what you think and I will watch for the app. Either way good luck with everything.

Jeff MARS

Quote Originally Posted by papahart View Post
    Can anyone help me ? I am a recent Tech grad in Orlando looking to succeed in my career . I am trying to decide where the job market is for HVAC/R techs the best oppurtunity for me & my family. I have family in Boston and want to move there which means I will need to learn the Heating side of things i.e Boilers , Gas & Electric Heat. My wifes family is in South Florida and I havent had much luck in Florida looking for work. I have found the ARPEC school in Opa Locka which says it gets you into the Pipefitters Union ?Does anyone know of this or can offer any advice would greatly be appreciated . I am stuck in a rut & need work .Help
    me find a door to get my foot into
    I'm originally from Boston. It's expensive to live there. I recommend doing your homework, as in researching the cost of rent, auto insurance, etc, before you take the leap. Good luck.