+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 25vna heat pump from carrier

Post Likes

25vna heat pump from carrier

Any body put one of these in yet, if so what do you think about it?

Post Likes
    I can't buy one from Carrier until I have 75% brand loyalty with Carrier and participate in their group advertising program and consumer rebate program even though I meet their other criteria of purchasing over $100,000 of equipment from them annually. We'll see how that works out for them.

Post Likes
    Yeah we had to attend a 8hour class last month to be able to purchase this product, that covered everything from the install, VIP!, through servicing the unit, and troubleshooting the unit. All I can say is your average installer will NOT be able to install this unit properly, and have it running by days end. It is an inverter, and looked pretty neat in the class lab running, etc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger man View Post
    Yeah we had to attend a 8hour class last month to be able to purchase this product, that covered everything from the install, VIP!, through servicing the unit, and troubleshooting the unit. All I can say is your average installer will NOT be able to install this unit properly, and have it running by days end. It is an inverter, and looked pretty neat in the class lab running, etc.
    ...so you have to send an above average tech to the training class?

Post Likes
    We have put in 2 so far. Attended the training for service and install. They both functioned well and so far so good.
    It seems to be a well thought out machine. Time will tell!
    The first man gets the pearl, All the second gets is the shell

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pbharvey View Post
    ...so you have to send an above average tech to the training class?
    No, any tech off the street would suffice, I meant install. Btw, it was a prerequisite to being able to purchase the equipment through our supply house, meaning, you cannot buy that unit without attending the class.

Post Likes

Red face

We installed another one today and learned a valuable lesson. The outdoor unit must have power to it to communicate with the controller. Thats different than the other Infinity series. Took about an hour of rewiring, tracing and head scratching to find that out ! Felt a little stupid .
    The first man gets the pearl, All the second gets is the shell

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger man View Post
    Any body put one of these in yet, if so what do you think about it?
    I am hoping to be able to put one in my house this spring. I heard they are pretty good ,I know Copeland is touting that compressor.

Post Likes
    Have installed about 10 so far, the money savings in heating mode look to be huge as the requirement for back up heat demand is so small, at least here in the pacific northwest. takes about an hour to do a start up as everything is done thru the UI, charge, superheat and ect. Its alot more expensive then its two stage cousin, but our customer base is hi tech for the most part (nuclear plant), which makes selling them that much easier

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in