Enjoy A Collection of Professionalisim!

Been a while since i've donated to this site, thought it was time to pony up!

1st- Landlord wanted a "attractive" a/c unit, so they busted out the spray paint and sprayed the entire unit, including the condenser coil.

2nd - After a couple coil cleanings the unit could actually dissipate some heat!

3rd - On a tune up and found this in the return. Apparently the last company wanted to slow down the airflow to get that 20* split! (after they replace the 825rpm blower with a 1075rpm)

4th - A couple 90+ furnaces discharging right onto the condenser.

5th - Well, it speaks for its self.

6th - A EPIC FAIL on a cfm replacement. Notice the welded mounting brackets that were cut off? I guess thats one of them there universal blower/condensing motors with the service free capacitors!

7th - Went on a svc call for noisy duct work. Took some readings and Yup, thats right 1,539.5 FPM on the duct in the next picture.

8th - Yea, thats a 6" duct running 1539.5 FPM. No wonder the customer was calling!
    Attached Images Attached Images         

had a few clients that painted their condensers, at least these elderly gentlemen had the common sense to do it without plugging the coil
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

#4 is my pet peive.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

#4 Where is the Dryer Vent?

#1 Is that thing caged in? From what?

Did they hot mop the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by fs1 View Post
    huh?
    #1 Is that thing caged in? From what?
    From people of course! Fencing helps prevent copper theives.
    Did they hot mop the ground.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

I wish I had a pic of the customer who foamed his condenser coil thinking it would insulate it from the hot sun

Or the maintenances man that decided that the plumbers tape that holds the CFM run cap inside of the electical compartment on a Goodman condenser was not long enough , so he decided to drill a 4 inch sheet metal screw through the capacitor to the cabinet to hold it in place, then wondering why everytime the unit was energized it would blow the main breaker for the apt.

This one I shiot you not, that was back when digital cameras were a thing still in Mr. Sony's pants