Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I just got a new job. Ive never seen one before. But I am the in house mainanence guy now. We dont want to have the manufacturer in becuase they charge us way too much. Anyways the chiller is beige looking thing. Its a CV something by Trane I think. We wanted colder water temperatues so we jumped out some controls. Im not sure which ones. But we now have water comming out of the relief valve on the end of the round thing and the chiller keeps tripping the breaker. Should we put a cap on the pipe? Will this let us start the chiller now? Is there any fix for this problem? We want to save money any way we can.

are you serious?

The water just keeps comming out the end. I think its the reief valve but I dont see anyplace to shut it off.

Dont you have an operator?

I'd definately call in a professional BEFORE jumping out controls that I didnt know the purpose of. Serious system damage could result without the proper knowledge thus costing alot more than having the manufacturer out to service it. But a reputable service company that is experienced with chillers should suffice, and save you money in the long run.

Well the operator wanted colder water, so we were trying to get it down to 28f. It kept going of on some kind of reset so we figured it was bad and jumped it out. Thats when the water started comming out the pipe on the end and it tripped the breaker.

find a polish janitor and blame it on him,you messed up big time ED

How big? I got to get it fixed before the big boss comes in in the morning. I hope I dont lose my job over this.

so this is your first post here right? are you kidding me?

i needed to hear this studying for finals had me feeeling really bad.

Ed i'm sorry to hear what happened to you, cheer up it might be a glycol system, at least that way there is some hope.

[Edited by hvac3901 on 12-12-2005 at 09:06 PM]

The other 2 chillers seem to be doing ok. I found out from the operater that these are 900 ton cvhe chillers. I just need to get the leak fixed by the morning.

dont lie about what happened, that trane will tell the whole story tomarrow.

Have you tried un-doing what you did/bypassed to get the colder water temps?

Plan B.... mount a shower head to where the water is leaking from, put on your shower cap, get one of those barrels with suspenders like in the cartoons, a bar of soap, then when your boss walks in on you singing "Singing in the Rain " you turn and say " oh hey I didnt hear ya come in"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast