payne 2 stage 95% stat?

should i hook up 2 satge stat or just single stage as the dealer was trying to convince me to hook up single stage stat. I have a pro 6000 2h 2c stat so i can set it for two stage if i want or leave it at single stage

if it where mine, i would wire it up two stage at the stat

even if wired up single stage at the equipment, most systems will run the first stage till a certain amount of run time has passed, then cycle up to second stage.

staging will give you more comfort, not efficiency, but more comfort.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

In your car on a cold morning, as the car warms up to you crank the heater higher or lower? Well, most would turn it down!

But using a timer on a furnace to stage would instead crank the furnace to full blast as the house warms up not the other way around. Sad that so many dealers sell their customers 2 stage equipment on a single stage stat.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    if it where mine, i would wire it up two stage at the stat

even if wired up single stage at the equipment, most systems will run the first stage till a certain amount of run time has passed, then cycle up to second stage.

staging will give you more comfort, not efficiency, but more comfort.
    what would that do only wired two at the stat not at furnace

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    In your car on a cold morning, as the car warms up to you crank the heater higher or lower? Well, most would turn it down!

But using a timer on a furnace to stage would instead crank the furnace to full blast as the house warms up not the other way around. Sad that so many dealers sell their customers 2 stage equipment on a single stage stat.
    he was trying to convince me it would run better on single stage stat (wierd i thought) then he was saying that the microprocessor would (fight and confuse each other) That is why i am asking if anyone has heard of that

unsure what you're asking.

wired two stage at stat, and not at furnace, will only give you one stage, whichever is wired at the furnace.

not only do you have to wire that pro 6000 up as two stage, but you need to go into the installers programming and set it up for two stage too, or you could end up with no heat, or a very long delay in heat.

i would ask the installer to wire it up for the two stage as you would prefer it to work as the manu intended it to.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

i have hooked up a lot of two stage furnaces and ALWAYS hooked them to two stage stats

thanks for your help guys

Sounds to me like the installer doesn't want to pull a new wire to the thermostat.

thanks i will pull 6 wire and hook up w1 and w2

Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    Sounds to me like the installer doesn't want to pull a new wire to the thermostat.
    That's not even a good excuse - add-a-wire works really well.
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

Quote Originally Posted by pilsner View Post
    he was trying to convince me it would run better on single stage stat (wierd i thought) then he was saying that the microprocessor would (fight and confuse each other) That is why i am asking if anyone has heard of that

...only if the dip switches aren't set correctly.
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    That's not even a good excuse - add-a-wire works really well.
    The type of tech that suggests not utilizing a 2 stage stage is a GOOD idea may not know about add-a-wire.